IGNORED

Dimension Z Golf?

Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did a search, couldn't find anything so pardon me if there's a duplicate thread out there. DZ is a local indie clubmaker. They recently shortened my new Cobra Amp Cell driver and I had a chance to visit the shop. He didn't try to sell me anything but I left impressed. The product looked to be high quality and he was extremely knowledgeable. Have anything to share? I'm going to demo some their stuff.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

just another club. you just have to hit them and see if you like them. there isn't really a bad club out there, just a bad golf game. the game improvement irons really don't help you get better, but fix your faults.  that also means you never fix your swing since the club is doing the work for you. if your swing is good, those game improvement irons would hook all the time because they are made to fix a slice.

hit them and if you like them and feel confident in them, buy them.

Originally Posted by RichardR

just another club. you just have to hit them and see if you like them. there isn't really a bad club out there, just a bad golf game. the game improvement irons really don't help you get better, but fix your faults.  that also means you never fix your swing since the club is doing the work for you. if your swing is good, those game improvement irons would hook all the time because they are made to fix a slice.

hit them and if you like them and feel confident in them, buy them.

I have to disagree with you on the game improvement irons.

While the offset generally does help turn a fade into a straight or slight draw, it won't fix a slice.  A slice is a slice just as a hook is a hook.  Lots of the best players in the world now play clubs that would be considered game improvement.

The game of golf is very difficult, making it a little easier with clubs like GI, makes the game more enjoyable and over time those people that continue to improve will find that they would prefer clubs that provide more flexibility in terms of shot shape. The game of golf is often the Indian and not the Arrow.  What I mean by that is a great golfer will be able to play great golf regardless of the stick in his hand, and a hacker will always be a hacker.  Having clubs that fit your game allows your game to be the best that it can be.  How many strokes do you really think GI sticks would cost somebody like yourself?  Is it really that many more / fewer than me (a hacker) playing muscleback or players cavity backs?

The point is that golf clubs simply allow you to play the best game that you are capable of.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Not surprised nobody has any experience with a local club maker here though I think I read the owner was once a bigwig at Hogan Golf. Figured I'd ask. Anyway they were kind enough to ship me a demo 6i on their dime and I am anxious to give it a spin. Looks and feels solid. Forged players CB, it's their Tour model of this design so minimal offset. Head size is about the same as my old 845s but with a thinner top line. Hope I love it, if looks were enough I'd be done looking. Don't think I can do better off the rack considering they fit, frequency match shafts, heads have tight weight tolerances and all that jazz. Not to mention after searching high and low I'm still playing the 845s so not impressed with anything the bigboxes have. If not they will rebuild the 845s for me.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

do you have pictures of the club?  I am curious to see what it looks like.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

• 1 year later...
Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!