IGNORED

just got some new irons.

Note: This thread is 4025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i just got some new irons. i got a beginner set, since my clubs i use currently are WAY too short. they are the Dunlop brand, and i know thats pretty cheap, but i wasnt willing to speend 300-700 dollars on a new iron set. these ones are basically brand new. and they are my size. i bought them on ebay. they look pretty cool.

i should be getting them next friday. the clubs i currently use are worn out, have been used to death. they had a lot of scuffs and sky marks and dings.

Congrats on the new sticks. New toys are always a good thing. Enjoy them.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Nothing wrong with starting out smart, by that I mean not overspending.

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

you have to be careful when buying on eBay as well, lots of counterfeit club on eBay. look for a power seller when you purchase. as a starter set any clubs will do until your game improves.

I always tell people that are first starting out, to just get equipment that feels comfortable in your hand.  The most important thing to do is to learn the proper technique on how to swing the club.  If you are not one who wants to invest in lessons, at the very least consider a book, Hogan's Five Fundamentals is a great example.

Over time as you start to become more consistent and you will learn what you like and don't like about golf clubs.  At that point it is wise to get fitted and invest in clubs that are fitted to your game.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Originally Posted by clearwaterms

I always tell people that are first starting out, to just get equipment that feels comfortable in your hand.  The most important thing to do is to learn the proper technique on how to swing the club.  If you are not one who wants to invest in lessons, at the very least consider a book, Hogan's Five Fundamentals is a great example.

Over time as you start to become more consistent and you will learn what you like and don't like about golf clubs.  At that point it is wise to get fitted and invest in clubs that are fitted to your game.

I actually did invest in some lessons just a month ago. i needed lessons because i was tired of topping the ball and slicing it. ever since then i have been practicing outside my yard, going to the driving range, and i just feel more consistent. im getting really REALLY good now, but i still have a long way to go.

8 out of ten times i would hit the ball right and straight as an arrow. there are other times i just whiff it, but that doesnt happen often anymore. i think getting lessons was the best thing i ever did. my swing is alot better than it used to.

Note: This thread is 4025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!