IGNORED

What's The Most Incredible Shot You've Seen LIVE At a PGA Tournament?

Mulligan Jeff
Note: This thread is 4029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I followed John Daly at the Buick Open some years ago - he was in the rightside rough and his ball was behind a tree, we figured he would punch out to the fairway. Not Daly, he took a huge swing at the ball and it launched like a rocket right over this tree toward the green - unbelievable.

I saw what many consider one of the greatest shots of Seve Ballesteros' career -

1983 Ryder Cup at PGA National, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl. Singles match against Fuzzy Zoeller. Was 3 down at one point & needed to win the 18th for a halve. On the 18th he had 250 yards from a fairway bunker. ball up near the lip. Anyone would have blasted out. Seve took a 3-wood, opened the face way up, aimed about 50 yards left of the green & hit a rope-cut onto the green.

There is no video of this shot...which is kind of surprising. But it has become almost mythical thru the years.

US open at bethpage, tiger hit a 7 iron into wind, up hill, he had 192 yards to the pin and i swear it sounded like a gunshot. stiffed it. I never heard a golf shot like that ever...

Steve Lowery's double eagle on the 17th hole in the final round at the International at Castle Pines in 2002.  He still finished 2nd to Rich Beem who was finished and sitting in the clubhouse watching Lowery's finish.  He actually had a makeable putt on 18 to tie, but just slipped it past the hole.  I was working the 17th as a hole marshal and was stationed at the green at the time he made the shot.  Lowery won the event in 1994.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

All great posts!! It's been said Seve had the best pair of hands in golf! Would have loved to see that 3 wood shot! Jimenez is one for the ages, love his cigar approach to the game - better yet is his newfangled stretching exercise with his (5 iron I think), what a sight!!

Shaun Micheel's approach shot on the 72nd hole of the 2003 PGA at Oakhill in Rochester, NY.

He was paired with Chad Campbell and on the 18th tee Micheel had a one stroke lead. 18 is uphill (from tee to green) and we were up by the scoreboard, unable to look down the hill to see the players, all we saw was the ball being stiffed to the pin and did not know whose shot it was. So that added to the excitement

It was a great day, but the couch is much better for a Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXmdmBViOi8&feature;=player_detailpage

Tigers chip shot on 16 at the Memorial last year.  His tee shot went long and settled down in the thick rough.  His chip shot was stright down hill, no one that day held the green from where he was.  Next thing you know he knocks it in like it was no problem.  That shot basically one him the tourny.  Unbelievable I have never heard a roar so loud.

Note: This thread is 4029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!