IGNORED

Golf Pic of the day...........

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 4030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I took this pic with my phone about 20minutes before dark today so it's not the greatest pic-quality, but I felt so good just being outside playing golf that I couldn't resist the urge to take a pic!!!  Temps were in the 60s which is really good for us.............LOL

As you can tell....there are no leaves on the trees in KC yet, and the snow only melted a couple weeks ago!!...LOL  With that said, the bent grass fairways and tees are already showing a slight hint of green!!!!!   It won't be long before the course really "POPS".

This is #8 at Stone Canyon..........a short par4 that plays 342-360yds.   This is one of the easiest holes on the course.

I usually use a rescue club or fairway wood from the tee......and then wedge onto the green.   It's a birdie hole if I can position my tee shot in the fairway........

How would you play this hole?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

342-360yds......a short par4

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

How would you play this hole?

By hole #8 I would probably either be feeling really good and would hit a driver or 3 wood, or really bad and would hit a 3 iron.

If I went with a driver there's a better than average chance I would chicken out halfway into my swing and bail out to the right either in the bunker or toward the cedar trees on the hill. Just looking at it I wouldn't want any part of a pull hook.

When I visit my kids in KC I'll have to try to play that course and see.

Was warmer there today than here in Alabama, and it will be quite a while before we get any green grass on these Bermuda fairways and greens. About a 20 mph wind here and in the 40s the first round and the 50s the second round today.

Note: This thread is 4030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!