• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bomberman

My Swing (bomberman)

44 posts in this topic

I've been Playing Golf for: 1year 1month

My current handicap index or average score is: -

My typical ball flight is: Straight down

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull


Videos:

Yup I'm Asian

Things to note -

I never had a coach since i started.

Learned everything myself

Only 1 Year since i started

7 Iron 170 Yards

8 Iron 160 Yards

9 Iron 150 Yards

PW 140 Yards

(This is with range balls and range mats - No compression and wind)

Things to say.

I'm sorry if i have offended anyone by commenting in this forum earlier on. Just want to express my feelings and thoughts as a 19 years old who have not much financial support and accessibility i am proud to say that within my means i can play good golf within a year. All i ever did was practice hard and smart so for those who started 7 - 10 years ago you should unarguably be 5x better than me.

So therefore my thoughts were implying that golfers with 5-15 years of game time and exposure should be able to swing a conventional swing at least. Hence my sarcastic remarks that help is all around , on-line , friends, gadgets so no excuses if you REALLY want to improve on your game.

Lastly of course i will accept comment and remarks and insults or whatsoever on my swing. Lousy IPhone camera  (don't blame me) but this is the best even after editing and etc.

Peace.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I find it interesting that your syntax is very different in this thread.

Anyway, great swing in that video.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird. Doesn't look like Iceland. Looks like Singapore perhaps.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Good swing though!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would like to see a DTL swing, especially considering all your comments on mike's thread about how horrible his positions are, and what you think a good one is like.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you call yourself a golfer right?  Look at that shirt...  No one would ever believe you play golf wearing that shirt.  DO YOU EVEN OWN SOCKS?  I bet it stinks to have to ride in the same cart with you for even 9 let alone 18 holes.  Oh, and lose the red grip.  No one can play golf with a red grip.

All of the above sounds pretty ****ing stupid doesn't it?  Not any different than the gibberish you're spouting.  Tone it down a bit and the people around here would probably help you a lot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by gwlee7

And you call yourself a golfer right?  Look at that shirt...  No one would ever believe you play golf wearing that shirt.  DO YOU EVEN OWN SOCKS?  I bet it stinks to have to ride in the same cart with you for even 9 let alone 18 holes.  Oh, and lose the red grip.  No one can play golf with a red grip.

All of the above sounds pretty ****ing stupid doesn't it?  Not any different than the gibberish you're spouting.  Tone it down a bit and the people around here would probably help you a lot.

haha weird guy bet your swing isn't half as sound as mine

Ohwells haters got to hate , by the way please try not to make a fool out of yourself?

Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that the swing posted does not belong to the OP? That's about the only thing that would make sense out of all the childish posts.  Generally, as one sees improvement in their game, they should feel less need to belittle others, and might in fact try to offer help.  I haven't seen any of that here, which makes me wonder whether he just took a video of an accomplished golfer at the driving range.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Is it possible that the swing posted does not belong to the OP? That's about the only thing that would make sense out of all the childish posts.  Generally, as one sees improvement in their game, they should feel less need to belittle others, and might in fact try to offer help.  I haven't seen any of that here, which makes me wonder whether he just took a video of an accomplished golfer at the driving range.

my gosh another one appears.

Skype? Or face time? I'll do a live one for you :D  DTL? FO?

The reason i dare to make so much noise on other people's post because i know I've been through that phase and successfully overcame it and i know why and how because i am self learned and not listening to other people's advise/teaching

So instead of trying to belittle me how about just give your honest comments? Bad or good there's always room for improvement!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bomberman

my gosh another one appears.

Skype? Or face time? I'll do a live one for you :D  DTL? FO?

The reason i dare to make so much noise on other people's post because i know I've been through that phase and successfully overcame it and i know why and how because i am self learned and not listening to other people's advise/teaching

So instead of trying to belittle me how about just give your honest comments? Bad or good there's always room for improvement!

HA! All you've been doing is belittling everyone else! Sounds like pot calling the kettle black... except the kettle is white.

Originally Posted by bomberman

my gosh another one appears.

Skype? Or face time? I'll do a live one for you :D  DTL? FO?

The reason i dare to make so much noise on other people's post because i know I've been through that phase and successfully overcame it and i know why and how because i am self learned and not listening to other people's advise/teaching

So instead of trying to belittle me how about just give your honest comments? Bad or good there's always room for improvement!

I don't think anyone wants to help you, because all you do is treat everyone here like an idiot... like assuming gwlee7's swing is worse than yours because he doesn't like the way you act like a child.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bomberman

haha weird guy bet your swing isn't half as sound as mine

Ohwells haters got to hate , by the way please try not to make a fool out of yourself?

Thanks!

My irony meter just exploded.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by turtleback

My irony meter just exploded.

Yep. Especially funny coming after he said "i bet your swing isn't half as sound as mine"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bomberman

my gosh another one appears.

Skype? Or face time? I'll do a live one for you :D  DTL? FO?

The reason i dare to make so much noise on other people's post because i know I've been through that phase and successfully overcame it and i know why and how because i am self learned and not listening to other people's advise/teaching

So instead of trying to belittle me how about just give your honest comments? Bad or good there's always room for improvement!

Nobody has any problem with your golf swing (except for losing a yard or two by falling back at the end of your driver swing). Everybody has a problem with your know it all attitude. I know some really good golfers with State Amateur Championsips, collegiate wins and All-Conference honors, Mini Tour wins, and Nationwide Tour top ten finishes. Not one of them chooses to belittle other golfers the way you do, and not one has a head the size of yours or is totally in love with themselves like you are.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by onephenom

HA! All you've been doing is belittling everyone else! Sounds like pot calling the kettle black... except the kettle is white.

I don't think anyone wants to help you, because all you do is treat everyone here like an idiot... like assuming gwlee7's swing is worse than yours because he doesn't like the way you act like a child.

Like a child? How about asking him to start acting like an adult then? If he had not given such a comment would i reply with such a inappropriate comment as well?

haha I'm sure gwlee7's actions are very commendable and appropriate yeah? So matured and responsible as an adult to make fun of a child (Me)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thread deserving of closure. There is no desire by the OP to receive anything constructive.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I call BS on only playing for a year as well, unless you are jobless and do nothing but swing a golf club and "teach yourself". Seems you are online a lot though for that.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by cipher

Yep, I call BS on only playing for a year as well, unless you are jobless and do nothing but swing a golf club and "teach yourself". Seems you are online a lot though for that.

You called BS who confirm? And what stakes are we looking at if i'm able to prove it?

And i'm online because it's +7 GMT here whereas ET over there hence the time difference.

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Another thread deserving of closure. There is no desire by the OP to receive anything constructive.

You accused me of uploading a fake video. Then say i have no desire to receive anything constructive when clearly i stated that any comments/feedbacks would be good? Like i said just comment about it if not nevermind?

why the anger? did i even say anything?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Is it possible that the swing posted does not belong to the OP?

Of course it's possible.  The OP isn't being 100% truthful about something...not sure what, but something.

Originally Posted by bomberman

The reason i dare to make so much noise on other people's post because i know I've been through that phase and successfully overcame it

That makes no f**king sense.  Successfully overcoming something is no compelling reason to deride others for being unable to overcome it.  There is a natural tendency of people who successfully overcome obstacles to be humbled by them and then appreciate the struggle.  It's the inherent douchebags who take the opposite approach.  Your rationale is poppycock.  You either never overcame said obstacles within the past year, or you are just being a douchebag because that's who you are.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2016 TST Partners

    GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
  • Posts

    • Ball likely in casual water but uncertain
      You're exactly right. At first I meant we were told to re tee if we could not find it, meaning unplayable stroke and distance, same as a lost ball but obviously you must call the correct penalty. But that makes no sense because it would just be a free drop if certain the ball was in. But what ACTUALLY occured was because of the cold and forecast of pouring rain (which happened) they made an odd rule where we could re tee without penalty if we saw the ball go in. So I did not do the free re tee, which someone in the group did a few holes before, beause we were not sure, AND we didn't rake it out, so it was declared a lost ball. But the other kid who did not do a re tee because he thought he saw his ball clear the sand, took a free drop without finding it, all within the rules. The bunker was on the right side of the fairway so my line was further and to the right of the kid who took the drop, who hit it straight and short. All i can vividly remember is us standing in the pouring rain and cold, dragging rakes through a bunker full of deep water, and finding every other golf ball! Crazy!  I think you got to the real oddity where an unidentified unplayable is the same penalty as a lost ball, but called something different. Unless there is some difference? I guess if it is found before you hit the next shot you would not be able to play it where it lies in the unplayable scenario, granted you did not declare the lost ball lost yet (then no penalty). Is there any other difference? I guess both you can tee it up after the penalty, and you still can't go more than 2 clubs behind the tee markers in the unplayable scenario I believe. Wonder if there are any other differences between lost ball and unplayable but unidentified.
    • Ball likely in casual water but uncertain
      I think we are talking about a couple of different things.  First, I don't really understand the "local rule" you were given in your tournament with regards to the flooded bunkers.  When you say re tee, did they tell you to play your stroke over with no penalty.  Can't do that. As far as declaring a ball unplayable, this is different than taking relief for Casual Water.  You may in fact declare a ball unplayable without finding it, but in this case, you must play your next stroke from the spot where you played your last.  (Stroke and Distance)  If you think about it, its the same procedure as if you were to lose your ball.  Under the ball unplayable rule there is a one stroke penalty. Iacas gave you the rule for taking relief from casual water in a bunker.  In order to do this, it must be known or virtually certain the ball is in the casual water.  
    • My Swing (coop6)
      @coop6. You're right about opening up too fast. I should have worded differently. It's not that your body isn't moving where it needs to move. It's that your arms aren't moving with your body enough. Or you might say the body isn't inluencing the motion of the arms. Try the Dufner towel under arms drill, it's an extreme drill but it will help this. Your body rotation has to help turn the club back to square, that is the whole idea, feel the body and upper arms turning the club back. Once that happens you won't have to flip the club shut right after impact.
    • My Swing (coop6)
      @iacas see it now
    • My Swing (adragon0216)
      There is no such thing as a strong grip. There is a stronger left hand or stronger right hand. If you strengthen the right hand grip this will help close the face. If you weaken the left hand grip this will also help close the face, though less so. Stand taller and flatten the swing out until you are older. Don't try to be so bent over at the hips at impact. Take lessons so you don't get hurt swinging this way. Your shoulders should turn level through the ball. Like I said don't increase the bend from the hips at impact.    
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Images

  • Today's Birthdays

  • Blog Entries