• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davieboy1872

what is it with golf?

11 posts in this topic

Played a full round on Saturday. Scored 76 on a par 72 and to be honest it could have easily been 72. im blaming the greens for a couple of missed birdie putts within 5 feet and a couple of 3 putts as the greens have been forked and sanded so a bit bumpy. played 9 holes yesterday and was 2 over, same again - 3 putted the first from 8 feet due to bumpy greens. both days my ball striking has been the best its ever been. i go to the range tonight and my ball contact and flight was terrible. anyone else suffer this very quick loss of form??

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

You just summed up "Golf", my friend.

I don't get it.  I've had a similar thing happen - but for a 19 HC.  I've never been able to break 90 very often - but last September I went crazy and broke 90 in five of six rounds I played and wrapped it up with a 78 (admittedly on a par 70). I really thought I had turned a corner. It seemed pretty easy at the time. I thought I'd never be a 90's golfer again.  What a cruel, cruel game.  A week later shot about a 105 and then settled back in the Mid-90s.

Yep, happens once in awhile but it'll come back . Golf can be so frustrating for me sometimes.

Check the basics and your tempo.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by davieboy1872

anyone else suffer this very quick loss of form??

Then Golf Gods giveth and the Golf Gods taketh away.

To quote Ray Floyd: " They call it golf because all the other 4 letter words were already taken!"

Originally Posted by dbuck

To quote Ray Floyd: " They call it golf because all the other 4 letter words were already taken!"

Or as I often ask friends on the course, "Why do we love a game that tortures us so much?".

Originally Posted by davieboy1872

anyone else suffer this very quick loss of form??

-when I'm tweaking/fiddling with the swing like the takeaway, grip, weigh transferance........

-when I'm playing more tennis than golf

If its just this one time, don't worry about it, it happens. If it continues to be a problem, go take a lesson