IGNORED

Swing Problems

Note: This thread is 4028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys I'm a freshman on my HS JV golf team and my handicap is around 14..... Lately(past week) my swing just hasn't felt correct.. I feel like I'm swinging slower, I'm not making enough divots, sometimes j don't make one and I've been hitting shots thin... I really don't know what happened I took 2 days off and I was playing great.. Shooting low 80s for a month and now my swing feels different... Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks

Your a much better golfer than I am but a simple suggestion would be to maybe take a few video's of your swing and post them here. That way people can take a look and see if they notice any issues. It worked great so far for me.

Originally Posted by mchichioco

Hey guys I'm a freshman on my HS JV golf team and my handicap is around 14..... Lately(past week) my swing just hasn't felt correct.. I feel like I'm swinging slower, I'm not making enough divots, sometimes j don't make one and I've been hitting shots thin... I really don't know what happened I took 2 days off and I was playing great.. Shooting low 80s for a month and now my swing feels different... Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks

I had the same problem this year. I realized I wasn't taking divots and hitting it then because when I addressed the ball, I set up with way too much weight forward towards the target. As soon as I changed my setup I took divots and stopped hitting thin.

Of course, the answer you'll get to a question like this is... start a thread in My Swing and let us see it!

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Okay thanks, I do feel like I'm getting ahead of the ball and I feel like I'm falling forward... Ill check that! I have a match today I hope I do well... My strong part of my game is my short game and putting so Hopefully that will help me today. Ill let you guys know how it went

Take some video and post it to a My Swing thread.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mchichioco

Ok I will is there a guide on how to post videos? I'm not so good with technology

Yup. http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read/0_30

Read those rules, then go to the "Start New Thread" tab in the "Member Swing" subforum of the "Practice Range" forum, then carefully follow the rules in red on what to write in the first post, what to title the thread, and don't forget to delete the red text afterwards.

P.S.  I don't think you're suppose to be "not so good with technology" as a 14 year old.  We're supposed to leave that for our dad's and grandpa's. (Just in case anybody is wondering, those mugs have root beer in them ... I'm not contributing to the delinquency of a minor!!!!!!!!)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!