IGNORED

Driver distance vansihed

Note: This thread is 6112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK so at the beginning of summer I had just gotten my drive tuned perfectly, it was straight, it was long and I couldn't have been happier.

I would go to the range and it is 230 to the net and I would hit about 45% right into the net, no bounce no nothing, just crushing the ball. I had never had a lesson.

Then recently I was watching the golf channel and one of their tips ruined me, they were talking about tilting back or something, so then I started just falling onto my back foot, popping up the ball and having it only go 200 or so -- quite a bruise on my ego.

So I quickly realized that problem and tried to revert back to my old swing, but it just isn't happening, it isn't nearly as far. I'm hitting them about 250, when I used to be able to carry them to 230 most of the time and end up with a 30 to 50 yard roll.

The pro came up to me yesterday and said "Matt, one thing I've noticed you've lost is your wrist action, you need to whip through with the wrist -- you're going all arms as of late" I quickly tried to incorporate that but it didn't seem natural, but maybe I was just exagerrating my wrists trying to fix the problem.

Another thing I've noticed is I have been pulling down with my left shoulder, but I don't think I'm hitting down on the ball. When what I used to do was do a lateral shift with my left shoulder and not so much as a pull it down.

I have noticed I haven't been visualizing sweeping it off the tee, as I've been pulling the club up to soon, and a faster takeaway then normal, but lately it just seems like I can't generate the old velocity (I'm only 18 so it's not arthritis).

You've just been punk'd by golf channel. Just kidding. Well, I mean that kind of stuff do happen you know, at least to me like tons of times. One day you hit your best shot and try to get the feel how you manage to do that in your head, but the next few days they're gone and you're all stressed out because you can't re-create the same swing and feel. Then one day out of the blue you're hitting another best shot again. So it's like a cycle. Well, that's golf and it never meant to be easy.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

One of the things that I notice with young golfers is that they do not get their hips fully through the swing. Your lean back is certainly taking away from power on your drive by not letting your extend all the way through the swing. Some time you correct one item, to flaw another...

when i dont force a full follow thru i lose a ton of yardage. today and yesterday i forced a full follow thru and hit 5-7 drives over 300, drove thru a green 310 out also. when i dont force a full follow thru i get maybe 265, and a whole lot more duck hooks and casting problems because i release to soon if im not thinking about finishing.

Note: This thread is 6112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!