• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calebculver

Help! I'm just starting to get into golfing and need some clubs

5 posts in this topic

I've been golfing probably 10 times total, but I just moved to a more golf friendly area and I want to get golf lessons and play 4-5 times a year.

I've been looking at getting a complete set of clubs (mistake?) and I am considering this set http://www.amazon.com/Strata-Complete-18-Piece-Fairways-Hybrids/dp/B0098GAED0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid;=1365868056&sr;=8-3&keywords;=golf+clubs

(Callaway Strata). I assume these are lower end clubs, but I am more beginner than expert.

Any help you might provide will be greatly appreciated. Tips, links, comments, anything!

Caleb

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Not a bad set but I'd caution against buying them without having a chance to hit ballsa with them first. Also, you need to know what shaft flex you need. A pro could help with that. Go to a driving range, a retail golf only store like golf galaxy or golfsmith or go to a public course that has a nice pro shop and a driving range. They should have a golf pro there who can assess your needs. Where will you be playing - cart it or walk- how far ca you hit it - how big are your hands (grip size). All this is important. Start out with some decent stuff and good advice or you may wind up disappointed

Very helpful, thank you. I found a pro shop that has a driving range so I can analyze my swing and hit some balls with the clubs.

if you are only playing 4-5 times a year, I would just buy used clubs from a garage sale, ebay, etc... Your not playing enough to really get your money out of your clubs imo.

The Callaway Strata complete set is an excellent starter set....the shaft of the irons are uniflex which supports a wide range of swing speeds. You can't beat the quality for the price . You would speed more money buying a good used set of woods and irons in my opinion. I say this from experience having picked up the game only three years ago myself.