IGNORED

Why aren't there more pro's with swings that resemble Fred Couple's?

fantum
Note: This thread is 3937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by colin007

Maybe his tempo. But he has a big loop in his backswing that could lead to inconsistency.

This.

Great point.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not many people could consistently recover from his top of the backswing position (way across the line, right elbow very high with lots of separation from the chest) At the very beginning of his backswing, he lifts the club up and away from his body with his arms--very unorthodox His hip and footwork are incredible. I drool over this The hips moving forward at the top of the backswing and leg extension into impact [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wHT7jpuQCM[/VIDEO]

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

His left wrist is very cupped at the top too, so he must motorcycle a bunch to get it to be flat at impact.  I have tried this to overcome cupping at the top, but it is hard to time.  His swing does look like that ad with Bobby Jones swing where they trace the club head.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have a friend that used to be a Marshal at some of the pga events and got to know Freddie. He told me that his shoulders are double jointed. Not sure of the validity of it but it does make sents  if you look at his swing.

I would very much like to copy the swing off Thorbjorn Olesen. damn that swing looks good and stable. Great to see him recover after first round 78 at Augusta.

came back with 70-68-68

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Originally Posted by tomvk77

I would very much like to copy the swing off Thorbjorn Olesen. damn that swing looks good and stable. Great to see him recover after first round 78 at Augusta.

came back with 70-68-68

I just want people to call me THUNDER BEAR!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by soon_tourpro

if you want to use a wheeelchair as you grow older then copy that swing as your lower back will crash.

You've done zero to prove that his particular golf swing has lead to his bad back, or more so than any other golf swing would have or could have. For all you know, with another golf swing he'd have had to retire at 30.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Freddie is one of my favorites and love to watch his lazy swing crush the ball. We should all try for his tempo, but few of us mortals could emulate his actual mechanics. He takes it back outside then reroutes it at the top/start of downswing to come from inside. I love to watch it but wouldn't try it at home, lol.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

He's pure butter man, too smooth for anyone to be able to replicate

909 D2 Driver 9.5°

904F 3 Wood 15°

Idea Pro Black 9031 Hybrid 20°

3-PW CG4 Tour Irons

X-Forged Vintage Wedge 52°

X-Forged Vintage Wedge 59°

Method Core 3i Putter

Because you don't win tournaments by having a smooth swing.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by fantum

There are none that look like his. It seems so natural and relaxed. Should we mortals try to emulate him?

Of course we can emulate things from his swing, especially if you want to make a centered pivot.  He does some unique things with the arms but his legwork and torso motion are awesome.  He's a very consistent ballstriker and for him it's a swing that doesn't require a lof of maintenance.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!