IGNORED

The joy of playing on Masters weekend

turtleback
Note: This thread is 4028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Saturday, I went out at 11:30 (Pacific) and played 18 holes in 2 hrs 10 minutes.

Sunday I went out at 12:10 (Pacific) and played 18 holes in 1 hour 55 minutes.

And both rounds felt very leisurely.

And still had the whole Masters broadcast on DVR to watch later both days.

A golf weekend doesn't get much sweeter than that!

Well . . . . maybe if Tiger had won.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Nice! Just curious, what type of course? CC? Upscale public? Muni?

A former Country Club that had financial problems and ended up being bought by the city.  So I guess it is a muni, but it is much better than a typical muni.  Terrific greens.  And pretty economical in that I pay $199 a month (month by month - no commitment)  for unlimited golf with a cart.  The only downside is that the practice range sucks and there is no short game practice area.  Typical round times are about 4 hours.  My area is a little overstocked with golf courses but they have all stayed open, so it is relatively uncrowded compared to what a lot of folks here face.  I'm very lucky, and very spoiled.

http://www.applevalleycountryclub.com/

If anyone is ever in my area let me know and we'll play - my treat.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by turtleback

A former Country Club that had financial problems and ended up being bought by the city.  So I guess it is a muni, but it is much better than a typical muni.  Terrific greens.  And pretty economical in that I pay $199 a month (month by month - no commitment)  for unlimited golf with a cart.  The only downside is that the practice range sucks and there is no short game practice area.  Typical round times are about 4 hours.  My area is a little overstocked with golf courses but they have all stayed open, so it is relatively uncrowded compared to what a lot of folks here face.  I'm very lucky, and very spoiled.

http://www.applevalleycountryclub.com/

If anyone is ever in my area let me know and we'll play - my treat.

Well, hell, that's not that far from here ... what's your excuse for not being in our Socal Golfers Group and joining in our outings???

I live in suburban Atlanta. All the good courses in my area are full of patrons passing through the city on their way to and from Augusta. It is not a good week to play.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

No difference in the amount of players around here (which is very few anyway).

The never ending wind and cold are keeping more people away from the course than anything else. Every week the weathermen forecast 65 to 70 degrees and 3 to 6 mph winds and every week I fall for it again and believe them. Then it turns out to be 40 to 50 degrees with 25 mph winds.

Being a weatherman would have to be the best job in the world, and the only job where you can be wrong almost every single time and still keep your job...Except for maybe being a congressman. Ha ha!

I played one 18 with nobody in front and it was like heaven. Finished in 1hr and 50min. If only I can play like that EVERY ROUND. Takes me 4-5 freaking hours on regular days. This is the price I pay for cheap golf. If I was rich I rather pay extra $25 and play better course with less ppl.

Originally Posted by MS256

No difference in the amount of players around here (which is very few anyway).

The never ending wind and cold are keeping more people away from the course than anything else. Every week the weathermen forecast 65 to 70 degrees and 3 to 6 mph winds and every week I fall for it again and believe them. Then it turns out to be 40 to 50 degrees with 25 mph winds.

Being a weatherman would have to be the best job in the world, and the only job where you can be wrong almost every single time and still keep your job...Except for maybe being a congressman. Ha ha!

played in cold once and never again. I can deal with rain, hot, dark, morning, humid but playing in cold is a torture. I wouldn't play even if it was free to play.

I played an odd ball 12 hole course yesterday early afternoon, Fishkill, and I waited like I never waited before. Damn father, mother and son threesome two groups ahead were playing like the course was on their own property.

I'll attribute the doubles to my aggrivation.

Best day in the Boston area is Easter Sunday.  Very few at the courses I play and you can get out any time.  Except this year it was too early and most courses were closed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I played my first round in almost 6 months yesterday...only played 11.  The course was fairly busy....busier than I would have thought for the Masters weekend and being 41F with on-and-off sleet.  Muddy as hell...and this is on a course known to have great drainage.  Came home completely splattered in mud to enjoy a little Masters on the DVR myself....and to get the feeling back in my fingers and ears again.  Weather sucks this year.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Played with my two sons and a buddy Sunday morning, unfortunately we were stuck behind a very slow foursome and it took us at least an extra hour to play. No matter though, I got to hang with my boys and then we all headed back to my house for a BBQ & the final round with friends & family. A good day.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Best day in the Boston area is Easter Sunday.  Very few at the courses I play and you can get out any time.  Except this year it was too early and most courses were closed.

I used to be able to play on both Easter Sunday and Mothers Day - both were beautiful days to spend on a very uncrowded golf course.

Then I got married & had kids....those are no longer playing days on the Fairway calendar. {sad face}

Players play, tough players win!

Note: This thread is 4028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!