IGNORED

adam scott arms

golf55
Note: This thread is 4018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Adam Scott and his personal trainer appeared on a fitness episode of the Golf Channel a few month's back highlighting his intense workout routine. As a former surfer, surfing is great for the lats but doesn't build big biceps.

How does golf work the biceps? How much surfing can he get done, always traveling and mostly stuck in landlocked places? Maybe he doesn't go to the gym, but a pull-up bar is easy enough to come by when travelling.

It doesn't work them at all. The triceps may get some work done, but not enough to make any significant muscle mass gain.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Zeph

It doesn't work them at all. The triceps may get some work done, but not enough to make any significant muscle mass gain.

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VOX

Adam Scott and his personal trainer appeared on a fitness episode of the Golf Channel a few month's back highlighting his intense workout routine. As a former surfer, surfing is great for the lats but doesn't build big biceps.

Thank you very much.

As much as I'd like to believe one can increase muscle mass without working out on a daily basis and/or drugs, reality sets in.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by nevets88

Exactly.

Thank you very much.

As much as I'd like to believe one can increase muscle mass without working out on a daily basis and/or drugs, reality sets in.

That is just wrong!  You're saying that everyone in the world would have to work out in a gym on a daily basis to increase muscle mass?  That's absurd!!  What about construction workers, brick layers, roofers, etc....

My dad has a dozer and backhoe business.  That's all he has done his entire life.  The last thing on his mind is working out.  His forarms and tri's are as big as just about any body builder at my gym.  Explain that one with your logic?

Any time your arms bends and straightens with tension, you are working your biceps and triceps....NO way around it.  This all seems like common sense to me.  We are not talking about body building here.

I guess I'll just agree to disagree as I have thrown this into something other than what the thread was about. Sorry guys

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

One last thing, just so I show a little intelligence about the subject.  I understand how muscle adaptation works and I understand that "work" is not a substitute for working out.  Obviously, I know that working out in the gym will lead to quite a bit more muscle gain than just work because work lacks the muscle stress and training to failure that the gym incorporates. But I have seen so many cases of guys that do not go to the gym gaining muscle that there is no way I believe that one must hit the gym to increase muscle mass.

Great discussion though!

Bryan A

Originally Posted by TN94z

That is just wrong!  You're saying that everyone in the world would have to work out in a gym on a daily basis to increase muscle mass?  That's absurd!!  What about construction workers, brick layers, roofers, etc....

My dad has a dozer and backhoe business.  That's all he has done his entire life.  The last thing on his mind is working out.  His forarms and tri's are as big as just about any body builder at my gym.  Explain that one with your logic?

Any time your arms bends and straightens with tension, you are working your biceps and triceps....NO way around it.  This all seems like common sense to me.  We are not talking about body building here.

I guess I'll just agree to disagree as I have thrown this into something other than what the thread was about. Sorry guys

I agree with you. Of course I'd count construction as working out. It's pretty obvious people who work in contracting and construction have more muscle mass than the average Joe.

What I meant to say is you don't get muscle mass just sitting there, desk jockeying, doing the cubicle thing, going about your daily life without messing about with heavy things.

Let me rephrase:

As much as I'd like to believe one can increase muscle mass without dealing with heavy objects on daily basis and/or drugs, reality sets in.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I agree with that. A sedentary lifestyle is no good. I guess I should've known that's what you were referring to.

Bryan A

Originally Posted by TN94z

I agree with that. A sedentary lifestyle is no good. I guess I should've known that's what you were referring to.

I'm not exactly writing in long form - you can't read my mind over the interwebs. :-)

Steve

im guessing he does some preacher curl/concentration curl work.  the preachers get the nice long bicep where theres hardly any gap at the bottom.  people can get big biceps naturally but they dont get long like that without work.

Colin P.

He probably lifts 2-3 days a week... not that much but half hour 2-3 tines a week with enough protein can get you muscles like that (if you know how to lift properly)

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Originally Posted by colin007

im guessing he does some preacher curl/concentration curl work.  the preachers get the nice long bicep where theres hardly any gap at the bottom.  people can get big biceps naturally but they dont get long like that without work.

Haha, this turned out to be a gimmick you know....... to sell the machines.

Haha, this turned out to be a gimmick you know....... to sell the machines.

What machines you talking about?

Colin P.

In short i agree with most, he certainly hits the gym. What makes most recognize that is how lean he is. Is he the biggest on tour? no way but probably is one of the most fit. Whos the biggest on tour? I think tiger has some serious upper body mass. Woodland maybe?

Note: This thread is 4018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!