IGNORED

Looking for a good distance ball

Note: This thread is 4000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The truth is all the golf balls nowadays go about the same distance. Swing speed has nothing to do with it. If you have a faster swing speed, you'll hit the ball further obviously. But with your swing speed you're going to hit the V1x and Velocity within 3-5 yards of each other. Your 90-95mph swing speed is pretty similar to the LPGA girls (not an insult! Those girls can play) and they play both V1 and V1x, but not Velocity!

I can promise you the Velocity and the ProV1x are not 3-5 yards difference. It's much more than that. I don't give a rats ass what Titleist claims. When the Velocity first came out, I played multiple round playing both the Velocity and ProV1 side by side. The Velocity was a good 10 yards longer with every club....including 150 yard par 3's. The Velocity is longer off the tee, and more forgiving on misshits. Now, maybe on a robot hitting absolute perfect shots over and over with zero margin of error, the Velocity and ProV are 3-5 yards apart. But in the real world, Velocity is about 10 yards longer with every club.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

I can promise you the Velocity and the ProV1x are not 3-5 yards difference. It's much more than that. I don't give a rats ass what Titleist claims. When the Velocity first came out, I played multiple round playing both the Velocity and ProV1 side by side. The Velocity was a good 10 yards longer with every club....including 150 yard par 3's. The Velocity is longer off the tee, and more forgiving on misshits.

Now, maybe on a robot hitting absolute perfect shots over and over with zero margin of error, the Velocity and ProV are 3-5 yards apart. But in the real world, Velocity is about 10 yards longer with every club.

The differential in distance that you're observing is most likely caused by spin that is caused by your swing.  With that said, I'm not disputing their is a difference and I completely agree with your assessment of a "robot" hitting the balls for Titleist.

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

I can promise you the Velocity and the ProV1x are not 3-5 yards difference. It's much more than that. I don't give a rats ass what Titleist claims. When the Velocity first came out, I played multiple round playing both the Velocity and ProV1 side by side. The Velocity was a good 10 yards longer with every club....including 150 yard par 3's. The Velocity is longer off the tee, and more forgiving on misshits.

Now, maybe on a robot hitting absolute perfect shots over and over with zero margin of error, the Velocity and ProV are 3-5 yards apart. But in the real world, Velocity is about 10 yards longer with every club.

I have found the same exact results you have. So on a par four you on average will be hitting an approach club that is two clubs less by using the Velocity ball. I am sure that I can make an eight iron check up with any ball better than I can make a six iron  check up with a prov1. IMO the Velocity is the best ball for guys like me with a 90-95 mph driver club head speed.

A regular in our group plays the Duo ball and nothing else, he is a very accomplished golfer drives that ball 280 yards without a problem.  In addition his short game is better than most all with a 2 piece $19.00 per dozen ball.  I thought he was crazy to switch from the Pro V-1 to that ball but it works for him.  I played it once, just to please him...way to soft for me.

I'll give you the fact that it is soft but I hit the Duo as far as anything else and it is very durable. I really don't mind it being soft because the course I play has very small greens and the Duo is great for the short chips.Also, only 19.95.

Originally Posted by KADO

I'll give you the fact that it is soft but I hit the Duo as far as anything else and it is very durable. I really don't mind it being soft because the course I play has very small greens and the Duo is great for the short chips.Also, only 19.95.

Just curious have you tried the titliest velocity yet? I am just looking for the longest distance ball out there so does anyone have a suggestion?

Originally Posted by club ho

Just curious have you tried the titliest velocity yet? I am just looking for the longest distance ball out there so does anyone have a suggestion?

I have tried all of the distance balls this spring. I like the Velocity and the E6, also the Rocketballz- (the non urethain version). I have also tried the E7 and the Mojo, and now today I tried the Gamer V2.  The above balls all play about the same distance, I couldn't tell you which was longer for me, The E7 maybe but I didn't like the Feel of the E7 so I stopped using them.

I think possibly the Velocity and the rocketballz were the longest of the others. Too close to tell really, find a ball that feels good off the tee, the distance is so close that won't make a difference.

I really really like the Gamers. I really really really like the Gamers, might be my new ball. I couldn't tell if I lost distance with them today, but if they prove to be as long as those others I will have to join the Top Flight Gamers Geek club.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

No,but as soon as the weather breaks here in Rochester, NY I will give them a try. And  on your recommendation I'll have a couple of my group try them also. I did try the NXT and I did like them for everything but endurance.One more thing,one of my playing partners swears by the Noodle for distance. We even look the other way when he changes his ProV for a Noodle on the longer holes.I have never used them so I can't comment but maybe someone else has.

Note: This thread is 4000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!