IGNORED

Boston Marathon Tragedy

Spyder
Note: This thread is 3986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hearing about potential "devices" at JFK Library now as well. What the hell is wrong with people? I understand that we live in a very screwed up world, but events like this just make me sick and give me no hope for humanity moving forward. Even though I imagine the good people in this world outweigh the bad, it only takes one sick bastard to ruin the lives of so many other people. I am not saying these events were carried out by one individual, I'm just venting in general. These disgusting and unnecessary tragedies just make me sick...

• Upvote 1

Yep pretty messed up and very sad.

Everyone is playing in everyone else's back yards - this is what happens. It's disgusting

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I actually was watching the marathon on TV this morning, hoping to see Shalane Flanagan become the first American winner since the 1980s. (She stuck with the lead pack until the last mile, but faded to fourth place at the end.) I've been running for a few years now; it seems like all the money I used to spend on tee times is now going to race entry fees! I've been training for a 10K this weekend, and was running my last hard workout before the race at a local track this afternoon. I was walking back to my car when a push alert appeared on my phone about the explosion. I haven't run a marathon yet, but am planning to next spring. My goal is to break four hours for my first marathon; the explosions were set off just as the 4:00 runners were reaching the finish line. Yeah, this is affecting me a little bit.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Whoever did this, **** you from an adopted Bostonian. I hope you die in pain.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was in the middle of a three-hour exam when it happened, and only found out when someone noticed my Red Sox hat and asked he how I was doing. As someone who grew up and still lives most of the year in Hopkinton, MA, the starting line of the Marathon, this hits home. I've got a few friends who ran the Marathon, and even more who are glad they didn't. My mom was working at a hospital in Boston for the day (not sure why, since she usually works in Newton, a few towns away), so there was a short period of time when I was worried for her safety, as well as the safety of several of my best friends. All I will say is: today is Patriots' Day in Massachusetts. Today more than ever.
  • Upvote 3

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Absolutely horrific.  I hope all sandtrappers and their families are safe.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Because of the date, because of the location, and because of the fact that the last .2 miles of the marathon route were dedicated to the memory of 26 who lost their lives at Sandy Hook, I suspect this is an act of domestic terrorism, and the person or people who perpetrated this heinous tragedy saw it as an act of patriotism. If that is the case, they are dead wrong .

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

As a marathon runner (not fast enough to qualify for Boston) and American this is a national tragedy.  I can't imagine the wave of emotions those having just crossed the finish line or coming up on it went through when they found out that some of their fellow runners were hurt or killed by such a senseless act of violence.

My thoughts go out to all the families affected and hope that whoever is responsible for this is brought to justice in the most torturous way possible.

Joe Paradiso

For we Bostonians, it is more than just a race.  It is a jubilant event.  It is run on Patriots Day which commemorates the Battles at Lexington and Concord, April 19, 1775.  We are very proud of this day here and the Marathon is a state-wide celebration for Massachusetts.  Everyone knows someone who is running and a great many of them are running for charity.  Every local channel has TV coverage of the race, an not just the elite athletes, but for everyone.  The entire route, from Hopkinton to Boston is lined with supporters cheering on the runners.  That is why people love to run Boston, because of the fan support.  It can get so loud with cheers that the runners say it is deafening.  They run harder and keep going, pushing through pain and exhaustion, because the fans literally lift them to the finish.

My wife and I were tracking two friends that were on track to finish at around the time of the explosions.  We were worried sick that they may have been at the finish or that their loved ones were there watching.  They both were OK and were stopped just before the finish.  An eight year old boy, there to watch his dad run, died.  His mother and sister are both gravely injured.

It is a sad, sad day for Boston.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

We will stand together as a city. This an atrocious act of cowardice that hopefully goes severely punished. I was so impressed with the first responders jumping in to help the injured. Be nice to live in a world where this bullshit didn't go on.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Originally Posted by Bo the Golfer

We will stand together as a city. This an atrocious act of cowardice that hopefully goes severely punished. I was so impressed with the first responders jumping in to help the injured. Be nice to live in a world where this bullshit didn't go on.

In a really disgusting, tragic, act of cowardice and malice towards innocent people... the shining light in that cloud of darkness was seeing first responders running towards the scene . Not only them, but other bystanders as well. It is really refreshing to see so many people put aside their own fears and act so selfless in a time of need.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t1 [QUOTE](CNN) -- Authorities arrested a suspect Wednesday in the fatal bombings at the Boston Marathon, a federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend. Details about the suspect's identity and motive were not immediately available. News of the arrest was first reported by CNN. Investigators identified the suspect based on two videos taken before Monday's attack, the federal law enforcement source told Townsend. One of the videos was surveillance footage taken at the nearby Lord & Taylor department store, the other was shot by a Boston television station, a source who has has been briefed on the investigation exclusively told CNN's John King. The development came after a chaotic day in which investigators revealed more details about the makeup of the bombs and apparently unrelated scares over letters containing ricin gripped the nation's capital.[/QUOTE]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The link indicates no arrest so far. Sounds like they might be getting close though!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

The link indicates no arrest so far. Sounds like they might be getting close though!

CNN changed the article between the time I posted it here and when you saw it. :doh: Sounds like they jumped the gun a bit.

In my bag:

I hate it when they do that! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

I hate it when they do that!

Such a terrible job there by CNN. In their race to claim "FIRST!", they just gave so many people affected by this a really false sense of hope.

Note: This thread is 3986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!