IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

Note: This thread is 3957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

Ok, so lets get this settled: Can someone PLEASE get in touch with the courses highlighted so far (CM, Talega) and see if/when we can get a deal on a group. Also, we should try to get a headcount to help with getting a deal ....If there are other course suggestions, speak now!

I know I was in for the 30th, and 99% sure I can do the 23rd, so count me in for either.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jefkve

Ok, so lets get this settled: Can someone PLEASE get in touch with the courses highlighted so far (CM, Talega) and see if/when we can get a deal on a group. Also, we should try to get a headcount to help with getting a deal ....If there are other course suggestions, speak now!

I know I was in for the 30th, and 99% sure I can do the 23rd, so count me in for either.

Ok I'm in for the 23rd and if I don't hear anything from GD on his inquiry in the next couple days, I'll just email Talega.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Ok I'm in for the 23rd and if I don't hear anything from GD on his inquiry in the next couple days, I'll just email Talega.

Yeah, I have an email into them (I don't have the PGA member pull that Mike has ;)) and will post here as soon as I hear anything back from them.  If they are booked or too expensive, and Costa Mesa is not desirable, then some other options are ....

Mile Square

Arroyo Trabuco

Crossings at Carlsbad

Encinitas Ranch

Anybody else have other ideas???

EDIT:  Oh, and because I figure that it doesn't hurt to just ask, I have also sent an email inquiry into Arroyo Trabuco and Tijeras Creek.

23rd works for me.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Looks like nobody has said no to the 23rd. So can we call that the official day while we figure out what course works for us?

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Yeah, I have an email into them (I don't have the PGA member pull that Mike has ;)) and will post here as soon as I hear anything back from them.  If they are booked or too expensive, and Costa Mesa is not desirable, then some other options are ....

Mile Square

Arroyo Trabuco

Crossings at Carlsbad

Encinitas Ranch

Anybody else have other ideas???

EDIT:  Oh, and because I figure that it doesn't hurt to just ask, I have also sent an email inquiry into Arroyo Trabuco and Tijeras Creek.

Ha, I believe I played Encinitas Ranch before (the only course I've played in SoCal), and The Crossings is right around the corner from my company's corporate office.  I stayed in the hotel across the street from it when I started my job training and thought the course looked nice.

I vote for whichever course I can hit more drivers on.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

The Crossings is one feisty bitch w electricity poles and elevation changes Other suggestions?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

The Crossings is one feisty bitch w electricity poles and elevation changes

Other suggestions?

Two suggestions to be torn apart: Pelican (too spensive!) and Shorecliffs (blech!)

Wishing Aliso Creek was 18....That course is a lot of fun!

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

El dorado San Juan hills Black Gold I still like Talega even if its a couple bucks more, I think it's worth it. Industry hills was suggested earlier too (More expensive than Talega).

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Ha, I believe I played Encinitas Ranch before (the only course I've played in SoCal), and The Crossings is right around the corner from my company's corporate office.  I stayed in the hotel across the street from it when I started my job training and thought the course looked nice.

I vote for whichever course I can hit more drivers on.

Out of those two I'd vote for Encinitas Ranch, more user friendly and will definitely be less expensive.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Yeah no PGA membership here, (that's Erik), just gotta talk about how much exposure the course can get being mentioned on a site with 650,00 unique visitors a month.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Yeah no PGA membership here, (that's Erik), just gotta talk about how much exposure the course can get being mentioned on a site with 650,00 unique visitors a month.

Originally Posted by Pakoh

Looks like nobody has said no to the 23rd. So can we call that the official day while we figure out what course works for us?

Agreed.  We need to do the 23rd.  Lets roll with that if possible.

I'm checking with CM.  I'll let you know as soon as I get a price for us.  I'm going with three foursomes for now.... So 12 guys.  We can increase or decrease once we get a firm headcount.  I'll report back soon.

I vote for the date & course that causes the most stress & problems for BeachComber so that I can beat his 5 handicap brains in.

• Upvote 2

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Black Gold in Yorba Linda is a nice 27 hole course, I have played there several times.  It might be a good option.

I'm glad it's the 23rd now as I am going to be out of town on the 30th.

Lurking...waiting for the final call.

Brad

I vote for the date & course that causes the most stress & problems for BeachComber so that I can beat his 5 handicap brains in.

i like your style!  Dont worry, beach's HC is 6 and rising!  Its easy to beat him cuz he cant putt!  Schooled him this past saturday by 6 strokes.

...and black Gold is only 18 holes, not 27.

Shouldn't be hard ... like Pakoh says, he can't putt!  Beach "Carl Peterson" Comber .... cuz he needs a broomstick

i like your style!  Dont worry, beach's HC is 6 and rising!  Its easy to beat him cuz he cant putt!  Schooled him this past saturday by 6 strokes.

I also sent a tournament request form to Black Gold just now too.

You are right, I was thinking of Moorpark CC for some reason.

Note: This thread is 3957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!