IGNORED

Who has better weekend golf coverage: NBC or CBS?

zwlee12
Note: This thread is 3998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who has better weekend golf coverage: NBC or CBS?

• NBC
    • CBS

I like CBS's camera angles much better. As far as commentary, I barely notice except for Miller's condescending way of talking but it rarely bothers me. I voted CBS because they let me watch on my phone without having to have a special cable provider. TV wise I watch golf on whatever channel its on and I do love swing vision...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Though I do prefer CBS, the truth is, we really don't have much of a choice, do we? I mean, I've never not watched a telecast just because it may be on a network I don't prefer. For me, it's a matter of 'Ok it's the Wells Fargo this week...what station is it on' thing.

Costas over Nantz any day of the week!

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I prefer CBS, but I'll take it on anything that I can get. Sometimes it's nice to watch it live on the PGA Tour iPhone app as well while outside grilling and having a good smoke and drink.

Costas over Nantz any day of the week!

Costas isn't a regular for NBC: he only pops up to do interviews during the US Open and Ryder Cup, when the occasion is significant enough to warrant a master or ceremonies.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

CBS because of the Swing Vision, camera angles, and the intro music!

Play, practice, practice, practice. Repeat.

Pro-V1

910 D3 9.5*

910 4 Wood 17*

KZG Tour Evolution Irons 3-P

KZG TRS Wedges 50*, 54*, 58*

Newport 2 (34 1/2")

I think that the CBS guys are a little better at analysis, but you gotta love Johnny Miller for saying what's on his mind.  Of course, that's what got McCord banned from Augusta so it's probably best that he's with NBC.  Jim Nantz used to be a favorite of mine but the reverence he shows for Augusta is sounding a little forced the longer he does The Masters.  He's a smart guy, though, and Nick Faldo demonstrates a knowledge of the game that you don't see from everyone.  The irreverence of of McCord and Feherty are a good counterpoint to the guys at the 18th and Verne Lundquist.

I vote CBS.  Anything that gives me a higher quality picture is what matters to me most.  The personalities are all similar to me (however, I am a fan of Feherty and that also nudges me over to CBS).

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

And just like that, I have become a Jim Nantz fan!

My goodness.... Miller just seems so lemony bitter all the time. Debbie Downer Jr.

Originally Posted by Paul Baker

I will wathc either but prefer CBS. I like Nantz & Feherty on CBS, not a fan at all of Jonny Miller's.

I loathe Johnny Miller. My god does that man annoys the crap out of me to the point he distracts me from what I am trying to watch in a touring pro's swing and course management.

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

From a technical standpoint, I think the HD cameras used by CBS are superior to those used by NBC. They just make for a better broadcast IMHO.It wasn't too long ago that NBC tried to mix standard-def cameras with HD cameras, something that many people noticed. Insofar as the announcers, I think that CBS has a wider range of personalities covering the events, and the added humor makes for a more interesting broadcast.

I love the technology by CBS. It shows they put a high value on bring us, the viewing audience, the best experience next to being there.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

I prefer CBS over NBC.  I think Nantz and Faldo are a good combo, and it's nice to have Feherty breaking up the seriousness from time to time.  One thing I think everyone on this site can agree on- CBS and NBC are both better than ESPN when, for some god awful reason, they allow Chris Berman on the air.

If I hear, Roger "Single Maltbie" one more time, I'm going to jump out a freaking window.

Originally Posted by albatross

I prefer CBS over NBC.  I think Nantz and Faldo are a good combo, and it's nice to have Feherty breaking up the seriousness from time to time.  One thing I think everyone on this site can agree on- CBS and NBC are both better than ESPN when, for some god awful reason, they allow Chris Berman on the air.

If I hear, Roger "Single Maltbie" one more time, I'm going to jump out a freaking window.

Berman should be exiled from television

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Bless you Valley, bless you!

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

A few years ago he started "back back back"ing a hole-out by Rory from the fairway. I've muted him ever since.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by albatross

Ugh ... that dude is a joke.  He has become a ridiculous parody of himself.  I can't believe that anybody still likes him.  Although I didn't know he ever did golf, but I can't stand him anymore on football or baseball or whatever else he may get his hands on.  The only thing worse than listening to him is having to watch him play at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am.  That, and Dick Vitale.  But i digress ... back on the golf topic.

CBS...I'm Feherty fan and that also gives the edge to CBS as well.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Note: This thread is 3998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!