IGNORED

HELP Fake Titelist AP2s???

Note: This thread is 4014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought these off ebay recently and now feel pretty dumb. I think these are a fake set of AP2s based on the size of the 9 and 7 on the clubs and the (AP2) logo looks a little off. If anyone has knowledge about counterfeit AP2s and can help confirm it would be awesome! thanks

I want to ask you why you care? I know you feel slighted, I would too, but dont they appear to be the same? I mean its not like they are hollow or something. Can you tell they are fake? I'm thinking about buying fakes intentional, so I want to know how close they are to the real thing. It sounds like to me you cant even tell the difference, which means thats a good fake.

Easy solution.  Call Titleist and confirm the serial number.  Done.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

Is the seller reputable? Lot's of positive feedback and many transactions selling golf equipment etc. If so probably not fake. After looking at AP2 images on google your numbers don't look any different than what I saw. That and I have a few sets of "identical" iron set with numbers on the sole that vary in size. It's older stuff from Macgregor but different from one set to another and definitely not fake.

Not sure validating serial numbers is fool proof anymore. Can't say I've ever seen fake clubs but I have seen and owned fake guitars. The guitar counterfeiters use actual serial numbers. Easy enough to grab serial numbers off the net.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ClayHbg

Easy solution.  Call Titleist and confirm the serial number.  Done.

Yep

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by Prodaytrader

I want to ask you why you care? I know you feel slighted, I would too, but dont they appear to be the same? I mean its not like they are hollow or something. Can you tell they are fake? I'm thinking about buying fakes intentional, so I want to know how close they are to the real thing. It sounds like to me you cant even tell the difference, which means thats a good fake.

Absolutely ridiculous. To buy fakes intentionally is down right stupid. Why would intentionally pay for something that is not legit. The people who made the fakes STOLE from Titleist or whatever company it is that they are ripping off and you are going to turn around and give them money for that? Seriously? On top of that, fakes are made with lesser quality materials and the quality is no where near the same. If you want Titleist clubs, then buy the real thing; if you can't afford new ones get used, but to buy fakes because they look like the real thing is stupid.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

If you are looking for new clubs, but don't want to spend the money on real clubs.  Consider Component clubs.  Companies like Hireko, gigagolf and golf works all make good products and they are not fakes.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

After a buddy of mine got burned on some AP1's I refuse to buy off ebay(new clubs at least). Call Titleist and check serial #.

If price seems too good to be true it is. Everyone likes a deal but tough to get a steal on new clubs. Lots of fakes. Attended counterfeiting conference last year and talked with security people from Ping, TM and Acushnet. The volume of fakes is out of control sadly. Not just golf clubs btw.

International fake "brand name" clubs are garbage.  A few years ago when on a trip to China I purchased a set of the latest expensive Calloway clubs out that year.  I figured if real, purchased in the US they would have retailed for about $2000.  The clubs looked great.  They performed like garbage.  They had a dead feel with less yardage, no pop.  Haha...oh yeah, and I bought a fake two-ball Odeyssey white hot putter that was just as pathetic.  It hit the ball so dead that anyone that putted with it would come up 5 feet short on 20 ft putts.  Entertaining to see people's faces when using the clubs though.

bkluza, did you call Titleist?  Curious to see if they're fakes, they look legit to me but I haven't had much experience with these irons.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by Crockme

International fake "brand name" clubs are garbage.  A few years ago when on a trip to China I purchased a set of the latest expensive Calloway clubs out that year.

If they were branded Calloway, that should have been a dead giveaway that they were fakes.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Absolutely ridiculous. To buy fakes intentionally is down right stupid. Why would intentionally pay for something that is not legit. On top of that, fakes are made with lesser quality materials

Kinda harsh. I'll reply without trying to insult you in turn. Why would someone want a fake? 1) cheaper - no endorsement deals, marketing, CEO golden parachutes 2) just about everything in America, clubs included are made in China. Most of the time your ok with this unless the Chineese attempt to pass it off as their own then in which case we consider it junk 3) metal is metal right? A chunk of metal milled to look like a golf head surely behaves the same as similar items. Why would someone go through the trouble of making a replica and then leave it hollow? 4) most replicas I've heard of come from the same factories that design the components for name brand products. For instance, I'd have no problems letting Foxconn build for me a iPhone knockoff since I know they built Apple's.

Kinda harsh. I'll reply without trying to insult you in turn. Why would someone want a fake? 1) cheaper - no endorsement deals, marketing, CEO golden parachutes 2) just about everything in America, clubs included are made in China. Most of the time your ok with this unless the Chineese attempt to pass it off as their own then in which case we consider it junk 3) metal is metal right? A chunk of metal milled to look like a golf head surely behaves the same as similar items. Why would someone go through the trouble of making a replica and then leave it hollow? 4) most replicas I've heard of come from the same factories that design the components for name brand products. For instance, I'd have no problems letting Foxconn build for me a iPhone knockoff since I know they built Apple's.

I assume by your user name, that you're very tech oriented. Do you use pirated software if you can find it? Do you actively search it out?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Ewwww .... What kinda of question is that???? I sense a trap of sorts. Is this a question of morality? If so I fail. Hold me accountable in the afterlife but counterfeit software works the same as DMCA software only without DMCA. Don't judge me though. I already know all the arguements. As I get older I try harder to play by the rules, I can't say that's always been my crede though. How's that for an answer without culpability?

Originally Posted by Prodaytrader

Kinda harsh. I'll reply without trying to insult you in turn.

Why would someone want a fake?

1) cheaper - no endorsement deals, marketing, CEO golden parachutes

2) just about everything in America, clubs included are made in China. Most of the time your ok with this unless the Chineese attempt to pass it off as their own then in which case we consider it junk

3) metal is metal right? A chunk of metal milled to look like a golf head surely behaves the same as similar items. Why would someone go through the trouble of making a replica and then leave it hollow?

4) most replicas I've heard of come from the same factories that design the components for name brand products. For instance, I'd have no problems letting Foxconn build for me a iPhone knockoff since I know they built Apple's.

You're making a lot of assumptions here;

1. Cheaper - no endorsement deals, no quality control, no brand building, no need to stand behind their product
  2. Most things are made in China but they are forced to adhere to American quality standards.  Do you have any idea how many items get shipped back to China because of quality control issues?  Never read those stories where kids toys contained high quantities of lead?  At best your getting rejects at worse the product only looks like the club you're buying but have completely different materials.
  3. Metal is not metal, there are different types of metals, different casting processes, that will result in different head weights from the originals.  There's a reason clones are more likely to break shafts etc than originals.
  4. Some replicas come from same factory, doesn't mean they use the same materials for shafts, heads, etc.  Why would you want to support a underground industry that is driving up the cost of the real products?

Joe Paradiso

Ewwww .... What kinda of question is that???? I sense a trap of sorts. Is this a question of morality? If so I fail. Hold me accountable in the afterlife but counterfeit software works the same as DMCA software only without DMCA. Don't judge me though. I already know all the arguements. As I get older I try harder to play by the rules, I can't say that's always been my crede though. How's that for an answer without culpability?

Asked and answered. What we have is an issue of personal character and integrity. No one is going to change that.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 4014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!