IGNORED

Any chance of recovering this wedge

Note: This thread is 4011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everybody,

I bought this wedge for just 20 euros, i was looking for a very used club to practice on bunkers.

When i got home, i saw that the club was in better shape that i had expected, the shaft was perfect and the clubhead was just dirty and a bi rusty, so i decided to clean it a bit. I poured some lemon on the clubface, and afterwards i soaked the club in coca-cola  to get the rust off the club. Now it looks very clean, but seems to have lost the original color in some parts.

Do i have any chance of recovering the look it had in the past?

Thanks a lot.

In my bag:
Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 Diamana
Callaway Diablo Tour 15º

Callaway Razr 5 wood
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 3-PW
Callaway Forged 56º, Titleist Vokey 58º

Odyssey White Hot 1

Srixon Z-Star

Coke will kill ... anything.

Probably nothing short than a complete refinish, looking at the photo. And too expensive to do with that wedge. But nothing wrong with playing a wedge "as is". You'll probably confound your friends by playing well with a beat up wedge. Not a lot of bounce on that one - hope you have a shallow attack angle.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

there was a recent thread on here about a guy who recovered a putter.  Would you be able to polish the metal with a polishing compound?  It would take off additional material, and you probably would want to tape the face to not reduce the surface of the club.

The question is would polishing the club reduce the metal to the point where you would start to notice the swing weight?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Thank you all for your replies. the thing is, i went to practice last weekend and after hitting about 30 bunker shots, the club was looking better! Maybe the sand did some kind of polish work... who knows...

In my bag:
Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 Diamana
Callaway Diablo Tour 15º

Callaway Razr 5 wood
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 3-PW
Callaway Forged 56º, Titleist Vokey 58º

Odyssey White Hot 1

Srixon Z-Star

Note: This thread is 4011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!