IGNORED

Rich Beem a good addition to the Golf Channel!

club ho
Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I noticed Rich Beem on the GC. I thought he did a great job and was very comfortable looking. I hope he gets a permanent spot on the GC. Beem seems more like the everyday golfers that I play with is  but also has a Major  as well as many PGA victories. Beem definitely would never be accused of being a stuffed shirt like some other people I can think of.

Dittos on Rich Been he looks very comfortable in front of the camera and comes off as an average Joe. Hope he stays - just goes to show you that golf is easy when you don't wear a stuffed shift!

TGC

Where pro golfers go to die...

Rich was the main character in Bud, Beers, and Tees (?)

Ought to be fun ...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dittos on Rich Been he looks very comfortable in front of the camera and comes off as an average Joe. Hope he stays - just goes to show you that golf is easy when you don't wear a stuffed shift!

I went to school with him. He is exactly like he seems. He will do a great job.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

TGC

Where pro golfers go to die...

Rich was the main character in Bud, Beers, and Tees (?)

Ought to be fun ...

Let me think about that........ Okay you are a worn out golf pro now you have to have to go to work on a TV show and work along side Holly Sonders and Lauren Thompson. I can hear Rich Beem up at 6am telling his wife sorry honey got to go to work! The lucky SOB I go to work and haul lobsters traps with stinky bait. I curse myself for opting to play ice hockey instead of golf when I was growing up LOL!. Good for you Rich Beem keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by club ho

I noticed Rich Beem on the GC. I thought he did a great job and was very comfortable looking. I hope he gets a permanent spot on the GC. Beem seems more like the everyday golfers that I play with is  but also has a Major  as well as many PGA victories. Beem definitely would never be accused of being a stuffed shirt like some other people I can think of.

Other than the fact that I wouldn't call 3 wins many I completely agree with you.  He is the best guy on the program, IMO.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by turtleback

Other than the fact that I wouldn't call 3 wins many I completely agree with you.  He is the best guy on the program, IMO.

You are right 3 wins is not very many. I guess  I got a little carried away.

If it means less Damon Hack and Matt Ginella then I say yes. If it means less John Cook and some of the other more serious contributors then no. Still not sure I like the expanded format they started in 2013. At times the show seems like it's struggling to find an identity. They wobble between a lame attempt at golf GMA and a morning radio show. When Gary or Kelly run things it gets a little too morning zoo for me. The days they're not there it's all business. I think they're struggling to find personalities that mesh. Rich offers a different personality but he's already getting into the zaniness and it seems once the show goes down that road they lose focus and it becomes a boring exchange of underhanded jibes. Doesn't take me long to click over and watch reruns of Supernatural as I workout. If I didn't need a distraction to fend of the monotony of spending a half hour on a spin bike I wouldn't watch at all.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

If it means less Damon Hack and Matt Ginella then I say yes. If it means less John Cook and some of the other more serious contributors then no. Still not sure I like the expanded format they started in 2013. At times the show seems like it's struggling to find an identity. They wobble between a lame attempt at golf GMA and a morning radio show. When Gary or Kelly run things it gets a little too morning zoo for me. The days they're not there it's all business. I think they're struggling to find personalities that mesh. Rich offers a different personality but he's already getting into the zaniness and it seems once the show goes down that road they lose focus and it becomes a boring exchange of underhanded jibes. Doesn't take me long to click over and watch reruns of Supernatural as I workout. If I didn't need a distraction to fend of the monotony of spending a half hour on a spin bike I wouldn't watch at all.

Not sure if I know who these guys are ... is one of them the guy with the dark hair a and thick, dark goatee?  If so, I totally agree with you!  That guy bugs me.

Oh, and Rich Beem seemed like he'd be pretty good at this job over the weekend.  I could listen to him some more.

Originally Posted by club ho

You are right 3 wins is not very many. I guess  I got a little carried away.

OTOH, it is 3 more than I will ever have.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!