IGNORED

Evolvr Online Instruction Before and After Pics

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Mike I'm curious what else lack of hip turn does to detriment a golf swing. Would it effect club face control and cause the golfer to hit hooks? Note I'm not going to go try and fix my swing by myself, that's what you evolvr guys are for. I am simply just wondering.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jd924

Hey Mike I'm curious what else lack of hip turn does to detriment a golf swing. Would it effect club face control and cause the golfer to hit hooks? Note I'm not going to go try and fix my swing by myself, that's what you evolvr guys are for. I am simply just wondering.

That sounds like a good question for a different thread. This one's primarily about evolvr and before and after pictures of the students, not the specifics of how the changes occurred for each individual.

added by Mike: http://thesandtrap.com/t/55080/myth-of-maintaining-address-flexion-in-the-rear-knee/108#post_835788

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah check out the other pics of the student.  The before pics look like this, lack of torso rotation, club head outside the hands, student is probably struggling with contact and hitting cuts. So getting the hips to turn more, will change the picture but more importantly change this golfer's control of Key #4 and allowed them to start hitting out.

thanks mike - all clear now with those other pictures.

James Hirshfield working with an Evolvr student

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

^^^Wow, that is some great work!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Sure is, very inspiring!

Stephan and James are having me work on similar things so I watched this video several times, awesome improvement!

Birdies 4 Elephants - raising money and awareness for elephants while out playing golf :)

Another one from the guy a few posts up. I can't get over how awesome he is doing. The first picture was of A3 (backswing) and this is of A5 (downswing).

Originally Posted by cbrian

Another one from the guy a few posts up. I can't get over how awesome he is doing. The first picture was of A3 (backswing) and this is of A5 (downswing).

Shows the instructor must have good communication skills Thanks for sharing Brian!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

^^^ I'm guy above that Brain liked the progress of.  The video lesson format is a lot better than I expected.  +1 on Brain's communication skills.

Since each lesson only focuses one thing it makes it easy to practice.  I found that the typical 1 hour lesson with a pro left me with too many things to work on.

I did find, however, that the videos posted by the 5SK, evolvr, Golf Evolution guys that related to the specific thing Brain wanted me to work on helped a lot in understanding how to make the change.

First Lesson: http://youtu.be/8hXD4VHHfWI

Second Lesson: http://youtu.be/aIk6-DrcVjk Didn't do the drill in video but helped get the point across.

Have you ever considered pointing students to a specific video to reinforce the point.  The evolvr team really has a great library of video specifically with the videos in the 5SK video thread.  I like the personalized instruction of the evolvr videos but the additional videos really drove the point home.  The videos are great but knowing which one applies to your specific situation really makes them effective.

Originally Posted by mvmac

James Hirshfield working with an Evolvr student

this is phenomenal.  the before looks a lot like me now, with a well timed flip.  i needs to get me some of this ish...

Colin P.

These before and afters are very encouraging. I just submitted my first video last night and look forward to pointers on what to do. I know some of my issues, i am just not sure 100% on how to fix them.

Originally Posted by jrasch

These before and afters are very encouraging. I just submitted my first video last night and look forward to pointers on what to do. I know some of my issues, i am just not sure 100% on how to fix them.

Awesome, it will be a great help to you.  I went back today and looked at my first swing that was uploaded last fall to evolvr.  Yikes, it was not pretty.  It is amazing the improvements that have happened in a short amount of time.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• 2 weeks later...
[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/75427/] [/URL] Making BIG changes FAST!!!  Great job.

I made it! :-) I'd recommend evolvr to anyone. Ive been working with them for less than 2 months and the changes have been dramatic.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice changes from Cipher [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/75943/] [/URL]

Thanks...getting closer. Some more slow mo work to be done, and just keep cleaning it up. Crushed that 6i though, love seeing the trajectory in slow motion. :). I could never have hit a shot that sounded or came off the club like that last year before starting evolvr. Never have had more fun with the irons on the course before. I used to fear every iron shot I had, not anymore.

Nate

Note: This thread is 2933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!