IGNORED

To play with a glove or without a glove that is the question?

Note: This thread is 4007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Glove or No Glove?

• Glove
    • No Glove

I wear a glove for two reasons:

* It helps me anchor the club in the left hand more consistently.

* I have dry skin, and the glove helps keep away blisters. The Bionic Glove is really good for this. (Note: the synthetic gloves seem to irritate my skin more, and don't last very long.)

Leather gloves will last longer if you wash them every few weeks to get grime out of them. I use saddle soap to restore leather moisture.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

No glove, except occasionaly rain gloves when I MUST play in the rain.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

No glove, except occasionaly rain gloves when I MUST play in the rain.

I totally agree when I first got the golf bug I would play in a blizzard let alone rain. Now I have come to my senses and only play in the rain when in a tournament or if I get caught in the rain and it doesn't take much for me to bag a round if the rain gets heavy.

No glove, it never feels right. Even in below freezing temps, the cold weather gloves stay in the bag-unless someone I'm playing with wants to use them.

No glove for me for a couple of reasons, just another expense I don't want to incur, just another piece of equipment I have to maintain, I hated taking them off and on, and I think I have better feel for the club without a glove.  In the summer months, my gloves would be so soaked with sweat that I wouldn't use them, which I found out I just didn't need them.  I also use a corded grip and have for many years, I just don't feel a glove is necessary for me.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I used a glove for many years and switched to no glove for a couple of years.  Last year I went back to wearing a glove.  I feel that it gives me more stability and power.  I had the tendency to be too handsy on the backwing and follow through.  Even if it is just mental, for me it has improved my ball striking.

My Sticks - Titleist 913D3 9.5* , 913F 3W 15*, 913H 21* & 24*, Titleist 714 AP2 5-PW w/ DG S300, Vokey SM5 52* & 56* & 60* Wedges, Scotty Cameron Futura X

I wish I didn't need a glove but I do. My palms sweat like crazy, its kinda gross. My wife won't even hold hands with me!

I also only use cord grips for the same reason. My hands are full of calluses but at least I can hold onto the club.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 4007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!