IGNORED

North Texas Shootout Preview & Pairings

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 4006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Before we get to this week's topic, let me say if you missed last week's tournament, you missed one of the best finishes you will ever see. Congratulations goes out to Suzann Pettersen for winning the LPGA Lotte Championship in a playoff over Lizette Salas. Lizette may have been the bigger story as she shot a 29 on the back nine for a round of 62, only to come up short in the playoff.

The LPGA travels to Texas this week for the  inaugural playing of the North Texas LPGA Shootout.
This will mark the first LPGA tournament in the state of Texas in more than 20 years. The tournament has attracted a very strong field. My strength of  field rating is a very strong 84.5, making it the third strongest field of the year. Among the missing  this week are: Karrie Webb, Chie Arimura, Jimin Kang, Jeong Jang, Ayaka Uehara, and Seon Hwa Lee.

One very interesting note, Madison Pressel has been given a sponsor exemption for this event. Madison 21, is the younger sister of LPGA star Morgan Pressel. She currently attends the University of Texas.

There will be two cuts in this tournament. The top 70 and ties will go on after Fridays round, and the top 50 and ties will advance after Saturday's round.

This will be tournament number 8 of 28 on this year's schedule.

Here are the key details:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/north-texas-shootout-preview-pairings.html

As a Dallas resident, I am happy to see another golf event in the area. This one should be cheaper and easier to attend than either the Nelson or Colonial. I plan on going out there on Friday. I hope the event gets a good turnout.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Originally Posted by Tailgater

As a Dallas resident, I am happy to see another golf event in the area. This one should be cheaper and easier to attend than either the Nelson or Colonial. I plan on going out there on Friday. I hope the event gets a good turnout.

Give us a report.

Here's the scoop, after day 2.  Hardly an American in sight, the leaderboard dominated by 'others', esp Europeans and Asians.  However, just the opposite at the men's tourney in New Orleans. At the Zurich the leaderboard full of USA guys and the rest of the world in the back seat.  Weird.

Also, regarding some Asian ladies, probably only those from Taiwan fall into the disputed area, i notice on some web sites and players bios that Yani Tseng, for instance, is listed on the LPGA web site as from 'Chinese Taipei', which is not even a 'country'. And the flag shown next to her name is not the national flag. Taipei is the capital and largest city on the island of Taiwan.

But on the NYTimes web site Yani's home land is listed as Taiwan.  What's the diff?  Well, it's all about politics and i suspect lots of 'kowtowing' by the LPGA in hopes of more chinese money, that the LPGA does not mention the word 'Taiwan, so as to avoid giving any credence to the fact that Taiwan is an independent country with democratically elected leaders. China is intolerant of opposition and when folks of Chinese ancestry make any claim of independence of the mainland, and of the Chinese Communist Party, the CCP,  they, the CCP, act like a 200 lb 2 year old brat with a temper tantrum.

So, go Yani and all the other Taiwanese ladies, carry your Taiwan flag proudly and uphold the right of good people to elect their leaders.  In China of course, no one is elected, just appointed by the  boss  and can not be gotten rid off by the people.  The leadership of China is ugly, very ugly.

Originally Posted by joekelly

Here's the scoop, after day 2.  Hardly an American in sight, the leaderboard dominated by 'others', esp Europeans and Asians.  However, just the opposite at the men's tourney in New Orleans. At the Zurich the leaderboard full of USA guys and the rest of the world in the back seat.  Weird.

Also, regarding some Asian ladies, probably only those from Taiwan fall into the disputed area, i notice on some web sites and players bios that Yani Tseng, for instance, is listed on the LPGA web site as from 'Chinese Taipei', which is not even a 'country'. And the flag shown next to her name is not the national flag. Taipei is the capital and largest city on the island of Taiwan.

But on the NYTimes web site Yani's home land is listed as Taiwan.  What's the diff?  Well, it's all about politics and i suspect lots of 'kowtowing' by the LPGA in hopes of more chinese money, that the LPGA does not mention the word 'Taiwan, so as to avoid giving any credence to the fact that Taiwan is an independent country with democratically elected leaders. China is intolerant of opposition and when folks of Chinese ancestry make any claim of independence of the mainland, and of the Chinese Communist Party, the CCP,  they, the CCP, act like a 200 lb 2 year old brat with a temper tantrum.

So, go Yani and all the other Taiwanese ladies, carry your Taiwan flag proudly and uphold the right of good people to elect their leaders.  In China of course, no one is elected, just appointed by the  boss  and can not be gotten rid off by the people.  The leadership of China is ugly, very ugly.

I wouldn't say hardly an American in sight. Kathleen Ekey is only 2 shots off the lead in third place, and Lincicome and Korda are just 3 off the lead. That means 3 American are no worse than 6th place.

Here are the leaders after two rounds:

1 Caroline Masson -7 F
2 Carlota Ciganda -6 F
3 Moriya Jutanugarn -5 F
3 Kathleen Ekey -5 F
3 Inbee Park -5 F
6 Shanshan Feng -4 F
6 Yani Tseng -4 F
6 Jessica Korda -4 F
6 Hee Young Park -4 F
6 Brittany Lincicome -4 F
11 So Yeon Ryu -3 F
11 Angela Stanford -3 F
11 Na Yeon Choi -3 F
11 Hee Kyung Seo -3 F

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/north-texas-shootout-preview-pairings.html

Here are the third round leaders:

1 Carlota Ciganda -11 F
2 Inbee Park -9 F
2 Caroline Masson -9 F
4 Na Yeon Choi -8 F
5 Karine Icher -6 F
5 Christina Kim -6 F
5 Jee Young Lee -6 F
5 So Yeon Ryu -6 F
9 In-Kyung Kim -5 F
9 Suzann Pettersen -5 F
9 Shanshan Feng -5 F
12 Brittany Lincicome -4 F
12 Yani Tseng -4 F
12 Moriya Jutanugarn -4 F

Here are the Final Results:

1- Inbee Park -13 F
2 Carlota Ciganda -12 F
3 Suzann Pettersen -10 F
4 Hee Young Park -9 F
4 So Yeon Ryu -9 F
6 In-Kyung Kim -8 F
7 Stacy Lewis -7 F
7 Shanshan Feng -7 F
7 Karine Icher -7 F
7 Na Yeon Choi -7 F
11 Paula Creamer -6 F
11 Dewi Claire Schreefel -6 F
11 Cristie Kerr -6 F
11 Christina Kim -6 F
15 Giulia Sergas -5 F
15 Mo Martin -5 F
15 Jee Young Lee -5 F
15 Caroline Masson -5 F

Note: This thread is 4006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!