IGNORED

Taylormade CEO says the sport has declined since Tiger Woods came into golf

RonTheSavage
Note: This thread is 4000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Midway

Agreed, he wouldn't be saying that if Tiger was with TM. Was golf not in so called "decline" before Tiger?

I agree! I bet without Tigers present in the sport they would have a Larger decline statistic and someone else to blame. Its unfortunate he makes comments like this - I am a taylormade product fan.

I would also have to agree that Tiger using Taylormade products would most likely INCREASE the sales of Taylormade.

The true decline......most likely was in Taylormade sales - while Nike has most likely increased.

I do not have these statistics but I bet I am not too far off on that assumption.

Originally Posted by JesseV

eldrick defenders continue to say its okay to cheat on your wife because someone else has already done it before eldick.

I often wonder what all those wives or future wives married to some of you schmucks would think about your convictions on cheating on them.  You think they'd say to you that cheating is okay just because eldrick did it first and he is your hero?  Some of you people are sick and have no integrity or honor.

But its oaky if eldrick does it cause I loves eldrick.  Give me a break.  The man has no honor and is no role model no matter how much some of you sycophants may claim otherwise.

It must suck to not be able to read.  Has that given you any problems?

• Upvote 2

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

i don't like tiger, but he has brought golf to a whole never level. a lot of people wanted to start playing the sport because of him, to say that he hasn't impacted this sport is crazy talk.

but man do i like to see him struggle out on the course. probably cause he is so good...

I agree! I bet without Tigers present in the sport they would have a Larger decline statistic and someone else to blame. Its unfortunate he makes comments like this - I am a taylormade product fan.  I would also have to agree that Tiger using Taylormade products would most likely INCREASE the sales of Taylormade.  The true decline......most likely was in Taylormade sales - while Nike has most likely increased. I do not have these statistics but I bet I am not too far off on that assumption.

When you play chk the bags. Taylor made drivers putters irons are far prevalent I see mostly Titelist drivers and Callaway irons running second.

Taylor Made has been the standard for a long time.  They are not the driving force they once were.  The best driver this year is the Cobra from the reviews that I have read.  But these are just people making a judgement.

I personally don't have anything Taylor Made in my bag for clubs.  I do game the Lethal though.  That is the best all around ball out there IMHO.

Ping, Cleveland, Nike, Calloway and all the others make great equipment.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

I don't agree with what Mr. CEO said, but I'm not boycotting the brand because of it. There are a lot of other employees that work at TM that have no control over what Mr. CEO says and they make great equipment.

Oops, Tiger won the Players.  Better sell Taylormade stock short since this will just make golf decline even more.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't agree with what Mr. CEO said, but I'm not boycotting the brand because of it. There are a lot of other employees that work at TM that have no control over what Mr. CEO says and they make great equipment.

As much as I like Taylor Made/ and my irons and driver are Taylor/ penta TP 5 ball / Tom Watson 55 sand and Cleveland 60° lob wedges Those commercials gotta be targeting the youth or the ignorant. The #I er hat :-D lol I need a gap wedgeeir The RBZ irons are supposed to be the cats meow heard it from a guy I know who owns a golf store. He plays a lot of clubs and a lot of golf

Interesting. Somehow I got the wrong impression that Callaway and Nike were the new goliaths of golf.

As long as they are not the "new David" Taylor Made is the Goliath and 800 lb. Gorilla on the block nearest you. Everytime I Tee it up everyone I play with 70% or higher is hitting there driver and some there irons too. Hit what fits you and don't worry who likes it My first learner set was the ole powerbuilt Kmart red or blue light..no that's the pill in the movie... special

Note: This thread is 4000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!