IGNORED

New vs. old

Note: This thread is 4019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I know the newer club manufacturers out there are making their clubs hit the ball longer. I have read a little bit and found they will take a 7 iron and stamp 8 iron on it. I have been looking at lofts as a truer indicator to what the club really is. I didn't realize that they are lengthing the shafts as well. I am assuming this is slowly happening over time. My (old set of clubs) ping eye 2 7 iron is the same length as my Cleveland lob wedge(new set)! I just blew my own mind when I saw this! Just thought I would share this.

- Jered

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New technology and filling the gaps are 2 separate issues. It won't do you any good to hit your PW 175 yards because it is 40*. Yesterday's PW at 50* has turned into a pro model 47* which translates to a game improvement model of 44*. Now the OEMs can say how you hit each club so much farther. I don't think the average person's score is reflecting this trend of game improvement. It is called marketing.

Does it sell more clubs? Sure. It sells more hybrids as most people can't hit a 4 iron that is closer to a 2 iron and it sells more wedges once they realize that it is a big way from 44* to a standard 56* sw.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by teed off

Take advantage of the new technology in golf equipment, you do not use a rotary dial phone, or do you?

tell me....what part of new technology would help me with my swing?

Note: This thread is 4019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!