IGNORED

Get your FREE Torc Swingtrainer!!! *Limited Time Offer*

Torc Golf
Note: This thread is 3975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Got mine Saturday and was able to give it a few swings in the basement yesterday. I feel the weight is just right and am looking forward to taking it out to the range once it stops raining here. I can already tell that I like this more than my swing sock for warming up.

Driver: 913D2, 9.5°
3-Wood: V-Steel, 15°
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP, 19°
Irons: MP-64, 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM 54.10, 60.08 Putter: Studio Style Newport 2

Ball: ProV1

Not sure you want a review from me for awhile. My last rounds of golf have been high 70s, low 80s. I put the TORC on an iron to warm up today and also used it yesterday  before hitting range balls - well today I shoot an unheard of 90. Nearly 10 strokes above my norm. Two triple bogeys.  Ugliest round for me an a long, long time. Most of my shots were going astray and when I did hit a green in regulation, my putting was off.

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Not sure you want a review from me for awhile. My last rounds of golf have been high 70s, low 80s. I put the TORC on an iron to warm up today and also used it yesterday  before hitting range balls - well today I shoot an unheard of 90. Nearly 10 strokes above my norm. Two triple bogeys.  Ugliest round for me an a long, long time. Most of my shots were going astray and when I did hit a green in regulation, my putting was off.

I would not use it on game day.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

I would not use it on game day.

Now you tell me.

Now you tell me.

I found out the hard way a year ago. I lifted weights before I played; And did it again later when I hit the range. Nothing good came out of my mouth. And that is why on game day, I only do light flexibility and aerobic workouts Allow me to add, do not bring a child or significant other to the range when you're introducing a new element to your golf swing. It's not pretty, and you feel ashamed afterwards.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I found out the hard way a year ago. I lifted weights before I played; And did it again later when I hit the range. Nothing good came out of my mouth. And that is why on game day, I only do light flexibility and aerobic workouts Allow me to add, do not bring a child or significant other to the range when you're introducing a new element to your golf swing. It's not pretty, and you feel ashamed afterwards.

Doesn't Cink work out before rounds?

Originally Posted by indyvai

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I found out the hard way a year ago. I lifted weights before I played; And did it again later when I hit the range.

Nothing good came out of my mouth.

And that is why on game day, I only do light flexibility and aerobic workouts

Allow me to add, do not bring a child or significant other to the range when you're introducing a new element to your golf swing.

It's not pretty, and you feel ashamed afterwards.

Maybe that explains his prolonged slump

Got mine today i was told have not been home yet to see it?

What I was told was a lite grey rubber spring came in the mail, will look forward to seeing it when I am home from work.

Thank you this and look forward to giving you my feed back.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Haven't asked him. ;-) As I said, I do some flexibility and aerobics, but I won't do any heavy lifting, only simple toning to warming up. I'd like to see anyone do a full workout with heavy weight training, and then play a round immediately afterwards. In my experience, the results lead to broken clubs.:-O Disclaimer: I am not a touring pro, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last month. As to the Torc Swingtrainer, any training aid that is light or heavy can drive you berserk immediately before a round - try the Whippy Tempomaster, and then a real club -- it's a scream, as in an angry, loud one. As Torc says below, hit some balls with clubs after your warmup.

Hey Rick.  Sorry for the bad experience!  One thing I like to do is take advantage of the fact that the Torc can be positioned anywhere along the shaft.  If you start from the clubhead for pre-game stretches, be sure to take a quick break and move the Torc up about two "Torc-Lengths" at a time.  Practice then repeat until the weight is less noticeable up at the grip end.  What this does is give you benefit of the weight but as you get closer and closer to your tee time, your body won't be in shock going from a weighted club to a feather light driver.  The club will get lighter and lighter as you move it up towards the grip.  I always end my warm up routines with a few dozen or more balls with clubs only (minus the Torc).

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Troy

Originally Posted by Torc Golf

Hey Rick.  Sorry for the bad experience!  One thing I like to do is take advantage of the fact that the Torc can be positioned anywhere along the shaft.  If you start from the clubhead for pre-game stretches, be sure to take a quick break and move the Torc up about two "Torc-Lengths" at a time.  Practice then repeat until the weight is less noticeable up at the grip end.  What this does is give you benefit of the weight but as you get closer and closer to your tee time, your body won't be in shock going from a weighted club to a feather light driver.  The club will get lighter and lighter as you move it up towards the grip.  I always end my warm up routines with a few dozen or more balls with clubs only (minus the Torc).

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the input Troy.

Rick, all due respect but I don't think using the swing trainer a few times is the reason you shot 90.  I'm all for fair, unbiased reviews.  The review should really be evaluating the swing trainer's ability to increase flexibility, swing speed, strength, stuff like that.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Got mine today. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to Torc!! I posted my review, and will try to get a pic as soon as a course opens up. I used it today while hitting balls down my driveway and into the neighbors (my sister) trees.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Got mine today, meaning I made it to the post! No, the Torc won't cause your game any issues. But you do need to hit some real balls with real clubs after you use it. I would say about 15 balls

Got mine today. Really like the feel up near the grip. Hit half a bucket with it in that config, and the other half without. Then went and played 9 and I was striping everything. Shot +3, I'm a 14 handicap. Might be the placebo affect, but I'm sold. One recommendation to the designers, you should make it a little flashier to stand out on the range, would probably boost you sales. Red device with Torc in white letters would be awesome.

Originally Posted by Torc Golf

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the guidance. I kind of feel guilty that you paid for shipping. Do you have a paypal acct where I can donate a few $$ for expenses that you had? I'd really like to help that cause.

BTW, about that bad round - you know we golfers would never blame our own bad golfing for our bad scores. It's always something else - ie a noisy distraction, crappy greens, poor fairways, GPS isn't accurate....you know the deal.

[quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/66467/get-your-free-torc-swingtrainer-limited-time-offer/30#post_837685"] I found out the hard way a year ago. I lifted weights before I played; And did it again later when I hit the range. Nothing good came out of my mouth. And that is why on game day, I only do light flexibility and aerobic workouts Allow me to add, do not bring a child or significant other to the range when you're introducing a new element to your golf swing. It's not pretty, and you feel ashamed afterwards.

Doesn't Cink work out before rounds?[/quote] He does. I did it the other day and paid negatively for it. I guess it depends on the person. Hopefully my swingtrainer is in my mail box waiting....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Hi folks.  Starting to see some feedback pour in and reviews.  Thanks!  One thing I want to mention is we've experimented with colors (blue, red, yellow) in the past but due to the compound being mixed with tungsten titanium powder the color got very drab and ugly looking.  There was no way we could keep the size small enough but yet still maintain the targeted weight.  We get "Golf Turd" a lot and I've grown to accept it :)  I also want to add that we deliberately chose not to include an instruction pamphlet (although I'm starting to regret it) because we wanted to keep costs low.  My logic was that most people would just go to our website and watch the videos to get all the info they need.  My bad for assuming (!(@#*##&&$) Btw, the videos with Haney were part of a video series that we developed using Hanks training regimens.  We use to sell the videos for $19.99 and we've taken parts of it and offered it free to Torc users.  Take advantage of it! :)

Please keep the feedback and reviews coming...  Don't forget to send us pics for our website and post comments on our FB page!

Best regards,

Troy

Quote:
Thanks for the guidance. I kind of feel guilty that you paid for shipping. Do you have a paypal acct where I can donate a few $$ for expenses that you had? I'd really like to help that cause.

Hi Rick.  No worries.  Just give the Torc some time and I hope you'll be able to give us an honest review.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Troy

Note: This thread is 3975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!