• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MambaGolfer

"Sit Down" In the Downswing

4 posts in this topic

I should start this off by saying that I'm a very short person (5'5", 5'6" on a good day) playing standard length clubs. I've been experimenting with standing more upright at address to accommodate a "sit down" (Tiger & Rory-esque move). I get a lot more power this way and I'm taking really good divots with my irons and wedges. I'm just wondering if it's bad that I have to alter my address position to perform this move. Hopefully someone will be able to enlighten me.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Usually a persons address position has little to do with how they look at impact. Address should have a few key points like mvmac has suggested in his good posture post.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture/

I think regaining flexion or also known as the "sit-down" move is a good ingredient for a powerful golf swing. Do you have a "My Swing" thread? I would be great to follow your progress.

Awards and Achievements

You can still "sit down" while having a good golf posture.  Just posted this so I may as well post it again :-)

Awards and Achievements

Thanks for the info. I don't have a My Swing thread yet though. And I've been striking the ball a lot better since I started doing this, I just wasn't sure if it was a fluke or not. Guess it won't be