IGNORED

anyone use burner 2.0 or mp-h4 irons?

Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey guys,

has anyone had any experiences with burner 2.0 or mp h-4s irons?

although my handicap is high, im not such a bad iron hitter. im pretty accurate and getting the ball high and far isn't too much of a problem (of course with game improvement irons)

i'm having difficulties choosing between mizuno h4s or jpx 825 pros, which i can get for very cheap from a friend (half the orig. price), or buying burner 2.0s which I've tested briefly and liked.

its either cheaper slightly used mizunos which aren't totally for my level but i intend to reach over this summer OR burner 2.0s that are at my level for about the same price.

pls help me choose :)

I'm currently playing TM Burner 2.0 irons (4-AW) and I honestly feel that the irons are the most diverse irons i have ever hit.

In the past I played Titleist 755 forged irons, which i liked very much but I wanted to upgrade. After testing about 10 different sets I couldn't find an iron that gave me more distance, consistency, and feel (all 3 at the same).

After some time on the range I've been able to work the ball pretty consistently and control my trajectory.

I truly believe these irons will make any mid to high hanicapper better. As you get better, the irons will still help in many ways. I don't feel a golfer will ever get to a point where these irons inhibit their game.

The only way I will switch to a different set is when i can make perfect contact on 99.9% of my swings... Or when the irons are about five years old and I want to upgrade to the next thing like these (more likely to happen).

If you do purchase the TMs I hope you enjoy them as much as i do.. Which i'm sure you will!

-ZH

Driver: R11s 9* ( -1* )

3Wood: Burner SuperFast 15*

3Hybrid: Burner SuperFast 18*

Irons: CB Tour Preferred forged 4-PW

Wedges: Nike Victory Red forged 52*  56*  58*

Putter: White Hot XG #7

Bag: 2011 Lightweight Stand

Ball: Pro V1x

I'm not disregarding what the previous poster said, but personally I would highly recommend getting irons that are below your "handicap level" if you will. This is ONLY if you intend to seriously improve though. If you just want enjoyment out of the game playing only every so often, get the Burners. They're great irons, don't get me wrong. I used to have a set. But I give a lot of credit to my current set of irons (mixed blade set) to dramatically improving my game. I had to put in a lot of work, but it was all worth it. Bottom line is if you are serious about getting better and will put in the work, go for the Mizunos. And I buy all my clubs used FWIW.

In the Bag 2013:

Driver:  FT-9 Draw i-Mix 10.5*

3 Wood:  R11s 15.5*

3 Hybrid:  Idea Tech V3 19*

Irons (4-PW):  ZB Forged

Wedges:  Tom Watson PVD; 52.07*, 56.13*, 60.07*

Putter:  White Ice #1 33"

If you're getting the Mizunos used from a friend, see if you can take them out for a couple of rounds before you commit to buying them. You'll pretty quickly find out how you get along with them.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/mizuno_mp-h4_iron_review

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by MambaGolfer

I'm not disregarding what the previous poster said, but personally I would highly recommend getting irons that are below your "handicap level" if you will. This is ONLY if you intend to seriously improve though. If you just want enjoyment out of the game playing only every so often, get the Burners. They're great irons, don't get me wrong. I used to have a set. But I give a lot of credit to my current set of irons (mixed blade set) to dramatically improving my game. I had to put in a lot of work, but it was all worth it. Bottom line is if you are serious about getting better and will put in the work, go for the Mizunos. And I buy all my clubs used FWIW.

guess i'll probably go for the mizunos

• 3 weeks later...

I can't speak for the MP-H4 irons but, I do  have a set of TaylorMade 4-AW Burner 2.0. I consider them to be game improvement irons for mid-handicappers (20+) like myself.  They are relatively easy to hit and are very predictable with respect to distance and control. Since I don't have the ability to actively "work" my shots, they will probably serve my needs for the foreseeable future. For my skill level, the Burner 2.0's are the right clubs for me.

Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!