IGNORED

Swinging in your shadow? Is this an issue for anyone else?

Note: This thread is 3987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So it is totally a mental thing I know but for some reason I really struggle with swinging when I see my shadow on the ground. I tend to try and always see that my shadow "looks right" so it cause me to mishit the ball. Has anyone else ever had this issue at all? Any tips or advice on maybe how to fix this?

I'm not a huge fan of putting through my shadow, but I can't say I've ever had a problem with seeing it during my swing.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Omg I was going to make the exact same thread.... Yesterday I had at least 7 shots where my shadow totally aggravated me and I hit terrible shots... Of course I'm a mental midget so that kind of thing is impossible for me to block out...

Colin P.

For the first several years I played golf, seeing my shadow threw me off big time because my arm motion looked wrong. Turns out it was. As I developed sound fundamentals, my shadow became less and less of an issue. Now, I actually like seeing my shadow.

• Administrator
Doesn't bug me. I'll notice it, but since I'm not really looking at the ball during my swing ("fuzzy focus" on the general area), it doesn't bother me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, this is a huge problem for me. What's weird is that even when I can't see my shadow because the area around me is totally shaded, I still have the same problem. The only way I can get through it is to just swing at it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I have exactly the same problem !

I think that because I"m such a visual person , it's nearly impossible for me NOT to watch

the shadow because the movement of the shadow draws my eyes to it .

My golfing partners have joked me many times about my complaint because they don't have

the issue . I dislike it because during the time I realise it's happening , my reaction is to feel I need to hurry

the remainder of the swing . Usually the results are not good ;) !

Maybe someone on the forum can offer suggestions to remedy this frustrating challenge ,

M

Note: This thread is 3987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!