IGNORED

A really, really fun round

ditchparrot19
Note: This thread is 4006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/ringneck19/Alyson_Golf_zps0999d5f2.jpg

I got my 4-year-old daughter a set of Hello Kitty clubs recently and yesterday we had our first "real" golf outing together. I honestly can't remember when I've had so much fun!

The photo shows her "loosening up" for one of several tee shots she hit. She saw me doing this with the club on the first tee, so she had to do it every time.

Some of the other highlights:

> On No. 3, I was left with a short chip from just off the green and only got it about halfway to the hole. "Geez, that's terrible!" I griped. Then I had another one on the very next hole and popped that one to within about a foot of the pin. "That's terrible," she said. Evidently, she thinks any shot from that close that doesn't go in is not good at all.

> On No. 6, the tee shot was straight into the late-afternoon sun and I asked her to try to watch the ball for me (of course, she has no concept of how to track such a small object that departs at such a high rate of speed). The shot felt real solid and I knew the ball went quite a ways, but I didn't see it at all, so I asked her if she knew where it went. "I think it went into the weeds," she said. When I asked which weeds, she pointed to a stand about 20 yards in front of the tee.

> I do a lot of bird hunting in the fall and she's always thrilled on the rare occasion when I bring home a brightly colored rooster pheasant. Well, on the par-5 9th, I pitched my third shot to within about 4 feet and told her that Daddy might get a birdie here in a minute. "Is it going to be a pheasant?" she asked excitedly.

It might've been the first round I've ever played in which I absolutely could not have cared less what I scored. I can't wait to do it again later this week.

• Upvote 4

John

That's outstanding.  What a fun day!

And by the way, if you don't make that picture of her your avatar on here, you should be banned!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ditchparrot19

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/ringneck19/Alyson_Golf_zps0999d5f2.jpg

I got my 4-year-old daughter a set of Hello Kitty clubs recently and yesterday we had our first "real" golf outing together. I honestly can't remember when I've had so much fun!

The photo shows her "loosening up" for one of several tee shots she hit. She saw me doing this with the club on the first tee, so she had to do it every time.

Some of the other highlights:

> On No. 3, I was left with a short chip from just off the green and only got it about halfway to the hole. "Geez, that's terrible!" I griped. Then I had another one on the very next hole and popped that one to within about a foot of the pin. "That's terrible," she said. Evidently, she thinks any shot from that close that doesn't go in is not good at all.

> On No. 6, the tee shot was straight into the late-afternoon sun and I asked her to try to watch the ball for me (of course, she has no concept of how to track such a small object that departs at such a high rate of speed). The shot felt real solid and I knew the ball went quite a ways, but I didn't see it at all, so I asked her if she knew where it went. "I think it went into the weeds," she said. When I asked which weeds, she pointed to a stand about 20 yards in front of the tee.

> I do a lot of bird hunting in the fall and she's always thrilled on the rare occasion when I bring home a brightly colored rooster pheasant. Well, on the par-5 9th, I pitched my third shot to within about 4 feet and told her that Daddy might get a birdie here in a minute. "Is it going to be a pheasant?" she asked excitedly.

It might've been the first round I've ever played in which I absolutely could not have cared less what I scored. I can't wait to do it again later this week.

That's what its all about!!  (My son is also 4, and he's taking a fun little class with a bunch of other kids his age and seems to enjoy it so far.)

Originally Posted by David in FL

.... if you don't make that picture of her your avatar on here, you should be banned!

Agreed!

did you make your 4 year old tee off from the white tee boxes?  Then again, this is the internet, she is probably already hitting it 300 yards off the tee box.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

The first round I played last year with my daughter was on a little par-3 course.  On the first hole, she managed to get her maybe 6th shot on the green with her 7-iron from about 30 yards and proceeds to drain the 25' putt.  Second hole she wacks away another 7 or so times, gets 5 yards off the green, and chips in.  Talk about beginner's luck - she's got one putt for her first two holes.

She turns to me and says "Daddy, I don't think golf is a very hard sport."

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Id love to get my kids in to golf...but neither of them would be caught dead playing "an old mans sport"!!! :(

I cant even bribe them! :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

That's awesome. My daughter is 2 and a half and I can't wait to take her out when she's old enough. I bought her a really small 7 iron and a pink ball and let her play with it in the backyard while I'm grilling. She holds the ball on the clubface and says "daddy, I can't do it!" Then she goes in and tells her mother "I played golf with daddy just like tiger woods", lol. I don't have the heart to tell her I really don't play with tiger. she actually thinks all golfers are tiger woods, lol.

I have similar pics. I have been golfing with my daughter since she was 4. She will be 6 in 9 days. She loves to go. She has a set of Barbie clubs and loves to use them. The damn breast cancer putter and drive covers cost more than the whole set...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Congrats! Im getting married at the end of the month and pray that some day we have memories like this!

Congrats to you as well.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Delightful post.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:

HAHA that is great.

Sounds like that was a great day to remember for you both, take it while you can they grow up really fast.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 4006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!