IGNORED

2013 Wells Fargo Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by tuffluck

is this on TV somewhere?  final round is almost over and i can't find it anywhere on television.

Over?.  The broadcast doesn't  even start on Golf Channel for another 35 minutes.   I'm guessing that they started early to beat some weather coming in?  Accuweather shows rain starting midafternoon, so I'm guessing that they are trying to finished before then.  Apparently we will be seeing a delayed broadcast.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Over?.  The broadcast doesn't  even start on Golf Channel for another 35 minutes.   I'm guessing that they started early to beat some weather coming in?  Accuweather shows rain starting midafternoon, so I'm guessing that they are trying to finished before then.  Apparently we will be seeing a delayed broadcast.

Starting early because of the weather was my guess too. It starts on CBS at 3 EST as well.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yeah it's started early due to weather.  I think Phil is on 15 already, so...not much TV time today.  TGC sucks!  You'd think they would have obviously moved the final round European Tour REPLAY to another time.

Phil bogeyed 16 and 17 and now needs a birdie on 18 to join David Lynn and Derek Ernst in the playoff.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

these networks need to learn how to keep up with the times.  Viewer ratings have to dive when the outcome is already known and with shot tracker its pretty easy to see what's happening.  The GC should have aired it live instead of an overseas tourney and the network should have picked it up at 11 or noon.   Then they could at least get some viewers.  I'd be pissed if I was an advertiser.  But what do I know.

I still like watching em . Did I read a major is going to be held same track? Fresh greens won't have a time to settle in will they?

I still like watching em . Did I read a major is going to be held same track? Fresh greens won't have a time to settle in will they?

I think by August 2017 they'll have figured it out.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Originally Posted by flintcreek6412

these networks need to learn how to keep up with the times.  Viewer ratings have to dive when the outcome is already known and with shot tracker its pretty easy to see what's happening.  The GC should have aired it live instead of an overseas tourney and the network should have picked it up at 11 or noon.   Then they could at least get some viewers.  I'd be pissed if I was an advertiser.  But what do I know.

WEe ave no way of knowing what their contracts with the various tours say.  They may not have a choice in rescheduling.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

How about rookie Derek Ernst picking up his first top 40 finish on the PGA Tour in his 9th PGA Tour start.  As a 4 time all-American at UNLV he joins a strong group of young players on tour.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Originally Posted by MEfree

How about rookie Derek Ernst picking up his first top 40 finish on the PGA Tour in his 9th PGA Tour start.  As a 4 time all-American at UNLV he joins a strong group of young players on tour.

He had a good week, but he'll be appearing on the PGA Tour's one-hit wonder montages ten years from now.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

He had a good week, but he'll be appearing on the PGA Tour's one-hit wonder montages ten years from now.

a)  How do you know?

b)  Why would you post something this mean-spirited?

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

a)  How do you know? b)  Why would you post something this mean-spirited?

a) Crystal ball. b) Because he had an educated opinion on something, and opinions don't have to be friendly to all involved. It's not "mean-spirited" to predict someone will fail, especially someone who is highly unlikely to read said prediction (and given the overwhelming likelihood that he will fail).

In my bag:

Wow

Quote:
Derek Ernst was ranked 1,207th in the world rankings at the start of the week. He was headed to Georgia to play in a Web.com Tour event but turned his car around when he got into the Wells Fargo as the fourth alternate. And then the 22-year-old PGA Tour rookie beat David Lynn in a playoff.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

a)  How do you know? b)  Why would you post something this mean-spirited?

Because Ernst is a 22-year-old rookie with a decent amateur record, who had shown no indication whatsoever that he could beat a stacked leaderboard at a top-tier PGA Tour event. Whatever happens to him during the rest of his competitive career will be judged in relation to this victory, which is an impossible act to follow. Winning, or at least frequently being in contention to win, will be the only way Derek Ernst doesn't fade into obscurity; right now, it's easier to see him as a player who got hot on a week where the weather and greens were off, than someone who will be a top-30 player for years to come.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 3980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!