IGNORED

How Important is a Square Clubface at P4 and How do you go about accomplishing it?

Note: This thread is 3980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I see many different tour players and they all nail P4 with a clubface that matches their left arm (righty). How does one accomplish this if your wrist isnt bowed but the club face is still shut?

I have never paid any attention to which way my clubface is pointing at any position in the swing, except obviously, A1 and A7. :)

I pay attention to what my hands are doing, so as long as the club is not slipping, then the clubface will take care of itself.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jd924

I see many different tour players and they all nail P4 with a clubface that matches their left arm (righty). How does one accomplish this if your wrist isnt bowed but the club face is still shut?

Most of the time it's a grip issue, just too strong.  Might be one or both of these pieces.  Have the right hand trigger finger on the side of the shaft and don't have the left hand turned more than 35-40 degrees.  Good way to check is to just stick your left hand out like you're shaking someone's hand, lefty.  You know what 45 degrees looks like, so turn the left hand less than that and grip the club from there.

Trigger finger/pressure point #3 on the aft side of the grip.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

eh it's over rated my clubface is square at p4 and I still suck...

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

WTF is P4? I must have missed that one somewhere along the road...

there is a glossary of terms somewhere on here that explains them. Basically it's an easy way for us to talk about specific positions in the swing without spelling it all out. P4 (now a4) is the top of the backswing :)

there is a glossary of terms somewhere on here that explains them. Basically it's an easy way for us to talk about specific positions in the swing without spelling it all out. P4 (now a4) is the top of the backswing :)

http://thesandtrap.com/a/big-list-of-golf-terminology

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Yep also featured on the right side of the page

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by jamo

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

there is a glossary of terms somewhere on here that explains them. Basically it's an easy way for us to talk about specific positions in the swing without spelling it all out. P4 (now a4) is the top of the backswing.

Ahhh... that's a good idea. Thank you!

Note: This thread is 3980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!