IGNORED

Low Testosterone Treatment- Success or Failure?

Note: This thread is 3857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ha ha, I had trouble with the bio section of my personal training certification test, so much memorizing. Thanks for the vote of confidence though:)

• 1 month later...

For anyone on the fence about testosterone replacement therapy let me tell you it has apparently done wonders for my golf game!  I was always tired and had lost a lot of distance (from an average 230-240 yard drive with roll down in 2011 to about 210-220 in early 2012, with that seemingly getting lower as 2012 progressed).  I started HRT two months ago and want to report that I played yesterday for the first time since therapy began.  I'd been to the range a lot, but not to the course.  I teed off at about 6:30 yesterday morning with some dew on the ground.  Bottom line is that I had the best day driving the ball that I've ever had.  I put two out there a little over 270 and two others over 255, while hitting 12 of 14 fairways.  These are total distances, not carry, but a couple of those were likely as long as anything I've ever hit.  I had more distance with my irons as well but have to work on accuracy.  It doesn't matter how far I hit it if I keep missing greens.  FYI, I'm 57 years old, 5'6", 180#, and have a pretty bad case of psoriatic arthritis.  I wear ankle braces and use midsize grips because I can't hold a standard grip very well, so I never thought that I'd hit the ball like that.  I'm stronger, losing weight, and even feel as if the arthritis has stabilized.  I highly recommend testosterone therapy for those who need it.

• 2 months later...
HRT, especially with injectables is a very serious step and shouldn't be taken lightly. It completely shuts Down your natural production and can be very hard to come off of. If you decide you want to go ahead and do it you should know your getting yourself into a life long endeavor. All That being said when done correctly its very safe and effective, problem is many dr's have no idea how to administer it properly. Make sure your Dr. Tests your estrogen and monitors it. When on HRT/testosterone you should also be on an estrogen blocker (AI). Your test and estrogen are meant to be kept in balance, if you raise your test your body will raise estrogen production becuase it wants to keep the proper ratio. Steroid forums are great places for hormone replacement therapy info. Most have sub sections just for it. I'm 28 and have a test level of 238, I have good energy and recovery Ability but am still concidering it. Again its a very serious decison, and if u want to have Children in the future it's even more complicated. I workout and eat great but still hold a lot of body fat and little muscle. I also have high estrogen so that could be part of the problem. Anyone here injecting and what has your proces been like? Do u inject hcg as well?

Been on T for 8 years now. Tried AndroGel but my level fell from 60 to around 5. Should have been 350 to 500 or so. I have scrip for 10 ml vial. $ 44. Testosterone cypionate 200 Mg/ml. Get 1.25 ml every two weeks. Wife/RN gives my shot in the rump. Two days after shot I can pick up and throw a healthy calf. Lol. Has half life of about 8 days. Has made big difference in quality of life. Sometimes The Boys just retire I guess. Am now 50 yrs. Stronger than ever. Moods up. Energy up. Other things up. :) Doc will keep eye on prostate serum and hemoglobin numbers. You don't want cancer or a stroke if you have history of high blood pressure. You Can No Longer Compete!! Money and or trophies off the list! This stuff seriously makes you hit golf ball into the stratosphere. Will seriously piss off your golf buddies if they find out you are on it. LOL!! If anyone has specific questions about testosterone therapy please feel free to respond. I will be more than happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Been on T for 8 years now. Tried AndroGel but my level fell from 60 to around 5. Should have been 350 to 500 or so. I have scrip for 10 ml vial. $ 44. Testosterone cypionate 200 Mg/ml. Get 1.25 ml every two weeks. Wife/RN gives my shot in the rump.

Two days after shot I can pick up and throw a healthy calf. Lol. Has half life of about 8 days. Has made big difference in quality of life. Sometimes The Boys just retire I guess. Am now 50 yrs. Stronger than ever. Moods up. Energy up. Other things up. :)

Doc will keep eye on prostate serum and hemoglobin numbers. You don't want cancer or a stroke if you have history of high blood pressure.

You Can No Longer Compete!! Money and or trophies off the list! This stuff seriously makes you hit golf ball into the stratosphere. Will seriously piss off your golf buddies if they find out you are on it. LOL!!

If anyone has specific questions about testosterone therapy please feel free to respond. I will be more than happy to help.

What do you mean you can no longer compete?  That shouldn't make any difference as far as that goes as long as you are in the appropriate levels.

Okay, here is the thing.  Go to an endo.  Don't take this route with your general dr....they don't know how to administer it and quite frankly, they could care less about doing it so you won't get the proper attention that you need.  The gels are a really good option because you apply it every day, if I'm not mistaken.  The problem with those is coming in contact with people around you.

The shots are great if you don't mind them.  I don't think they are going to add a lot of yards to your golf game just by taking the shots though.  More than anything, it's just going to improve your mood, sleep habits, bedroom habits, and help get your bf into check.  Steroids aren't a miracle drug that suddenly adds a ton of strength and muscle to your body just by taking a shot.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What do you mean you can no longer compete?  That shouldn't make any difference as far as that goes as long as you are in the appropriate levels. Okay, here is the thing.  Go to an endo.  Don't take this route with your general dr....they don't know how to administer it and quite frankly, they could care less about doing it so you won't get the proper attention that you need.  The gels are a really good option because you apply it every day, if I'm not mistaken.  The problem with those is coming in contact with people around you. The shots are great if you don't mind them.  I don't think they are going to add a lot of yards to your golf game just by taking the shots though.  More than anything, it's just going to improve your mood, sleep habits, bedroom habits, and help get your bf into check.  Steroids aren't a miracle drug that suddenly adds a ton of strength and muscle to your body just by taking a shot.

Well I must say that performance is significantly enhanced. A ton of strength? With a low impact workput and a little weights...yeah. Even couch potato can gain more strength than non regular work out person. I thought about long drive competition. My Dr. Knew I was ex tennis pro. He is the one who stated that competition was off the list. I agree with him from ethical point of view. In my part time job I must load lumber and bags of concrete mix from time to time. When I need a shot the loads are heavy to me. Two days after the shot I can literally throw 80 pound bags of concrete into a pickup. The performance is almost like a miracle to some on this therapy. However some of the side effects are different for others. Low libido and energy has been documented in double blind studies with testosterone cypionate in some of the test subjects. So all I can say is what applies to myself. I get strong! I can crush the ball with simple coil uncoil mechanics. Club head speed is greatly increased. Although it must be said that I taught myself my golf swing and it is not correct. I hit with my arms legs and back. All enhanced muscle power. I learned timing and weight shift from tennis. I do not swing correctly. Its all homemade. Back to original point...My Dr. says it is not ethical to take money or trophies. So I will not compete in any form. Rather tennis golf or anything requiring strength. I am a cheat at golf. I drive close to the green then hack my way up and down. Because of the testosterone I know I am not a REAL golfer. So I just play for fun and to enjoy being out in nature.

Well I must say that performance is significantly enhanced. A ton of strength? With a low impact workput and a little weights...yeah. Even couch potato can gain more strength than non regular work out person. I thought about long drive competition. My Dr. Knew I was ex tennis pro. He is the one who stated that competition was off the list. I agree with him from ethical point of view.

In my part time job I must load lumber and bags of concrete mix from time to time. When I need a shot the loads are heavy to me. Two days after the shot I can literally throw 80 pound bags of concrete into a pickup. The performance is almost like a miracle to some on this therapy. However some of the side effects are different for others. Low libido and energy has been documented in double blind studies with testosterone cypionate in some of the test subjects.

So all I can say is what applies to myself. I get strong! I can crush the ball with simple coil uncoil mechanics. Club head speed is greatly increased. Although it must be said that I taught myself my golf swing and it is not correct. I hit with my arms legs and back. All enhanced muscle power. I learned timing and weight shift from tennis. I do not swing correctly. Its all homemade.

Back to original point...My Dr. says it is not ethical to take money or trophies. So I will not compete in any form. Rather tennis golf or anything requiring strength. I am a cheat at golf. I drive close to the green then hack my way up and down.

Because of the testosterone I know I am not a REAL golfer. So I just play for fun and to enjoy being out in nature.

Well yeah, if you went from being a couch potato to working out along with the TRT, then yes you will get stronger.  That will be more from the working out than the TRT.

Ethical standpoint?  I'm not trying to argue with you or take anything away from your TRT, but why is it unethical to have normal T levels for your age?  I don't think that has as much to do with your strength as it does your energy levels.

I completely disagree with all of that...but that is my opinion.  I have been a powerlifter for quite some time and I have lifted weights my entire life.  I am also on TRT for over a year now.  Going from a T level of 200 (for instance) to 600 (for instance) is not going to give you all of these strength gains and what not that you speak of.  Yes, you will feel better and more energized.  But if I am bench pressing 200lbs, for example, and I go home and take my shot...I am not going to be bench pressing 300lbs (or even 225lbs) in 2 days because of this shot.  These are the kinds of stories that make testosterone seem like such a drug and has kids running out to buy some.  You aren't going to see those kinds of numbers unless you are taking crazy doses along with HGH amongst other things.

And the statements your doctor made about it being unethical for you to compete and take trophies is really just laughable.  Is he the one you compete against? TRT does not make you some super human or super golfer that can automatically drive the ball 100 yards further than your bodies....come on man.

Not a real golfer???   That is just nuts!  If you don't mind answering, what were your start levels and your levels when you have all of this strength?

Bryan A

Well yeah, if you went from being a couch potato to working out along with the TRT, then yes you will get stronger.  That will be more from the working out than the TRT. Ethical standpoint?  I'm not trying to argue with you or take anything away from your TRT, but why is it unethical to have normal T levels for your age?  I don't think that has as much to do with your strength as it does your energy levels. I completely disagree with all of that...but that is my opinion.  I have been a powerlifter for quite some time and I have lifted weights my entire life.  I am also on TRT for over a year now.  Going from a T level of 200 (for instance) to 600 (for instance) is not going to give you all of these strength gains and what not that you speak of.  Yes, you will feel better and more energized.  But if I am bench pressing 200lbs, for example, and I go home and take my shot...I am not going to be bench pressing 300lbs (or even 225lbs) in 2 days because of this shot.  These are the kinds of stories that make testosterone seem like such a drug and has kids running out to buy some.  You aren't going to see those kinds of numbers unless you are taking crazy doses along with HGH amongst other things.  And the statements your doctor made about it being unethical for you to compete and take trophies is really just laughable.  Is he the one you compete against? TRT does not make you some super human or super golfer that can automatically drive the ball 100 yards further than your bodies....come on man. Not a real golfer???   That is just nuts!  If you don't mind answering, what were your start levels and your levels when you have all of this strength?

Ex tennis pro. Not couch potato. Couch potato phrase came from research paper somewhere in the past. Getting myself to healthy level unethical? I don't believe that either but I was warned of testing if I did too well. Can I do TOO WELL? According to past performance with the variable of lack of practice I can say that I perform better than I should. Levels went from 5 to 700. Still in normal range. But I know the difference!! That is in fact the difference!! I feel as though I am cheating. My body gave up. Natural process in many cases. I remedied it through modern medicine. Levels normal? Sure. But I sought outside solution. Theoretically it is not Me. ME gave up physiocologically. ME not competitive anymore due to natural process. I cheat at golf because I cheated my natural state. Your opinion is most welcome.

Ex tennis pro. Not couch potato. Couch potato phrase came from research paper somewhere in the past. Getting myself to healthy level unethical? I don't believe that either but I was warned of testing if I did too well. Can I do TOO WELL? According to past performance with the variable of lack of practice I can say that I perform better than I should. Levels went from 5 to 700. Still in normal range. But I know the difference!! That is in fact the difference!! I feel as though I am cheating. My body gave up. Natural process in many cases. I remedied it through modern medicine. Levels normal? Sure. But I sought outside solution. Theoretically it is not Me. ME gave up physiocologically. ME not competitive anymore due to natural process. I cheat at golf because I cheated my natural state. Your opinion is most welcome.

By the way. I just drew up 1.25 ml of cypionate 200 Mg per ml. I was due a shot on Sat. My wife/RN will stick me this evening. In two days I will be happy as a clam and my lifting ability will indeed be increased. Two weeks from now my company is having a golf outing (one of the mgrs ex tour player) and I am going to hit the range this coming week to make sure I can hit the ball. Friend of mine on tour for several yrs gave me a lesson...really messed me up!! Lol. I need to make sure I can shake off that lesson. Want to save face with at least an 85. I will take a booster two days prior. No trophy involved!!! Wish me luck. lol

By the way. I just drew up 1.25 ml of cypionate 200 Mg per ml. I was due a shot on Sat. My wife/RN will stick me this evening. In two days I will be happy as a clam and my lifting ability will indeed be increased. Two weeks from now my company is having a golf outing (one of the mgrs ex tour player) and I am going to hit the range this coming week to make sure I can hit the ball. Friend of mine on tour for several yrs gave me a lesson...really messed me up!! Lol. I need to make sure I can shake off that lesson. Want to save face with at least an 85. I will take a booster two days prior. No trophy involved!!! Wish me luck. lol

I think you are thinking too much about the "competition" and cheating thing.  Even if you were tested, you are in normal ranges.  Just because your body stopped producing, doesn't mean you are at an advantage because of the TRT.  If it was cheating, it wouldn't be allowed in MMA fighting.

Another thing, if you are feeling that run down when your shot is due, you aren't taking it frequenlyt enough.  It sounds like your levels are going up and down which is what normally happens when a general Dr. prescribes this.

But anyway, I won't beat this in the ground.  I just don't want people thinking this is some miracle overnight strength drug that will turn your golf game around or something, because it's not. The best thing it does is helps your mood and kills the laziness.

Bryan A

I think you are thinking too much about the "competition" and cheating thing.  Even if you were tested, you are in normal ranges.  Just because your body stopped producing, doesn't mean you are at an advantage because of the TRT.  If it was cheating, it wouldn't be allowed in MMA fighting. Another thing, if you are feeling that run down when your shot is due, you aren't taking it frequenlyt enough.  It sounds like your levels are going up and down which is what normally happens when a general Dr. prescribes this. But anyway, I won't beat this in the ground.  I just don't want people thinking this is some miracle overnight strength drug that will turn your golf game around or something, because it's not. The best thing it does is helps your mood and kills the laziness.

Yes. Mood and laziness. You are right on the mark! I totally agree. The only reason I focused on competition is because I had always competed. I don't care about that any longer. However I have been asked to join a league or team a few times and I have declined the offer. What people saw in me was not really me anymore. They saw me on steroids. No it is not a miracle drug. You must be active and workout while on treatment to see the significant results. If you use a riding mower while drinking beer you will just gain a little strenght but quite a bit of weight! I know. I went through that phase. Made me wish I had never started treatment. MMA? Correct! I did not have a single test after I put an arm bar on the beer girl when she passed us up twice after we turned the corner.:-D

BTW. Since we have talked about TRT I have been getting ads on the forum with at least decent looking girls trying to sell me testosterone boosting products. HAR!!

Glad it helped you man

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 3857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!