• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Titleist Vokey TVD 56 C-C *Head Only*

1 post in this topic

Up for sale is a Titleist Vokey TVD-M C-C Chrome 56-12 Wedge Head. Please inspect photos of the wear. The groves are sharp. The hosel has been prepped and ready for any .355 shaft you choose. The lie is set at 2 degrees flat. Loft is standard. Price includes USPS Priority. Thanks

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Par 4 and 5's are killing me
      By billchao · Posted
      I don't know what the stats are for amateurs, but I know that as players get better they score better on par 5s than par 3s. The median player on the PGA Tour this year scored +0.5 strokes to par on par 3s vs -0.33 strokes on par 5s. The reason is that better players are able to put themselves in better positions for their approach shots, so the tee shot on par 3s generally become the longest approach shots they face on the course. That's because you are a better player. The stats support your observations. According to Game Golf, I score best on par 3s even though I don't have a single birdie on a par 3 on my stats. I also score better on par 5s than par 4s because I hit the ball long enough to be able to recover from a bad shot on a par 5 and I can reach a number of them in two with two good shots. Not just fairly long, but they have to hit 3 good shots in a row. Hitting the ball consistently well is hard for high handicap players.
    • President's Cup Matches Discussion Thread
      By nevets88 · Posted
      Patting Mickelson's belly.   
    • My Swing (garush34)
      By garush34 · Posted
      @mvmac and everyone else.  Been working hard with mirror work and swings in the house. Managed to get out today on the course. To me things look better a lot less head movement. Iron shots much better and what seems like about a club more distance, it was a cold wet morning too so not getting much run.  Only managed to get one video but as things went on it was feeling better.    what would be the next thing to start working on? 
    • Gambling on the golf course is it a necessity?
      By vangator · Posted
      Gambling isn't mandatory, but I do think it helps focus as long as it's for fun.  I typically plat $2 nassuas, so I'm not sure you'd call that betting. .
    • Gambling on the golf course is it a necessity?
      By Hardspoon · Posted
      Golf is probably the only thing I don't bet on. I play online poker, go to Vegas at least once a year, and make enough stupid bets with my friends on idiotic things that we have a spreadsheet to keep track of them (best example: I will win $20 if Abe Vigoda passes away before Kurt Russell). Right now, I'm almost always golfing with people who are better than me, so it's lose-lose. Any straight-up bet would be a waste of money, and a handicap bet with my handicap just feels cheap.
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries