IGNORED

2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are you implying that a guy who knew the rules good enough to know he could have the gallery move a "loose impedement" for him and yet doesn't know the rules good enough to know how to take a drop after hitting it in the water ?

Maybe you are the one who needs to get a life?

The biggest problem I see is the idiots that are sitting at home and calling in to report rules infractions.  Can you imagine if the NFL did that?  What a mess that would create.  They should take this equation out of it and allow the tournament officials to do what they are there for.

I can guarantee you that EVERY golfer in this world has taken an illegal drop.  It just wasn't caught on camera.  Get over yourselves and enjoy what you are witnessing.  This comes along once every few generations.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

I wonder what the producers yelled in Johnny Miller's earpiece when he all but accused Tiger of cheating without saying so. Funny he never mentioned it again afterward. After Tiger hit his ball in the water on 14, NBC showed an aerial view that clearly showed where the ball entered the hazard. I am curious to see the correlation of the aerial shot and where Tiger dropped

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Yet another idiot who joins just to bash Tiger.  Tiger didn't cheat at the Masters, and he didn't cheat here - try learning something about the rules before you whine in public.    You really need to get a life.

After finishing reading the last page, I guess there were 3 idiots with about 15 posts each who joined just to bash.   Guess they got theirs when Tiger pulled it out.

Congrats to Tiger, bummer for Maggert.

And Sergio????

Then I thought maybe the Swede was going to do it on 17, but making a 7 footer on the next to last hole to tie Tiger is more pressure than any of us will likely ever face.  Actually I have a strong hunch that tee shot was a mistake that he got away with.  And after a bit of a struggle off the tee most of the day, Tiger nails it on 18 for the probable win, and at least no worse than a tie.  It was a great final round, putting the lie to the idea that TV golf can't be exciting.

WELL STATED. TIGER IS THE GREATEST GOLFER OF ALL TIME END OF STORY!

Are you implying that a guy who knew the rules good enough to know he could have the gallery move a "loose impedement" for him and yet doesn't know the rules good enough to know how to take a drop after hitting it in the water ?  Maybe you are the one who needs to get a life?

"well enough"

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can guarantee you that EVERY golfer in this world has taken an illegal drop.  It just wasn't caught on camera.

I'm sure I've taken a few over the years as has everyone else. However, we don't have millions of dollars in prize money at stake.

[quote name="ilikefishes" url="/t/66787/2013-players-at-tpc-sawgrass-tiger-and-sergio-feud-discussion-thread/270#post_842732"] I can guarantee you that EVERY golfer in this world has taken an illegal drop.  It just wasn't caught on camera.

I'm sure I've taken a few over the years as has everyone else. However, we don't have millions of dollars in prize money at stake.[/quote] I can guarantee you that EVERY PGA guy had taken an illegal drop. It happens, Tigers was caught on camera and then called in by some slob on a couch someplace. If anything Tiger should be the one biotccching.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Nice pic here

In case someone hasn't seen it.  Def Tiger's fault lol

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by CrappyGilmore

Are you really suggesting that

Are all the above mentioned either in cahoots with Tiger, or so in their fear of him that they wouldn't dare question his drop? Or is it possible that he just made the same honest mistake they all did?

Tiger didn't suggest a drop spot and then ask for feedback.  According to the guy walking with the group (Maltbie?), the first thing Tiger did is ask his playing partner if his ball crossed before or after a specific post, and his partner said it crossed after.  You could then see him proceed to ask several times for feedback on the spot.

Originally Posted by lenman73

Are you implying that a guy who knew the rules good enough to know he could have the gallery move a "loose impedement" for him and yet doesn't know the rules good enough to know how to take a drop after hitting it in the water ?

Maybe you are the one who needs to get a life?

Are you really that dense?  Tiger clearly made a mistake on the rules at the Masters, because if he intentionally cheated then he would be incredibly dumb (giving you guys a run for your money in that department) for admitting it in the post-round presser.

Originally Posted by cougar978

After Tiger hit his ball in the water on 14, NBC showed an aerial view that clearly showed where the ball entered the hazard. I am curious to see the correlation of the aerial shot and where Tiger dropped

I watched the aerial view a few times and it still wasn't clear to me where the ball crossed.

Anyway, today was great entertainment.  Lingmerth was aggressive and took a lot of risky lines all day, but got away with all of them and ALMOST made the most of his round by tying for the lead late or finishing solo 2nd.  Sergio gave everybody exactly what they wanted with a meltdown on the gimmick hole while in contention.  Tiger haters and lovers both got what they want: the haters a chance to grasp at straws and call him a cheater, and the fans another remarkable display of great execution, followed by great resolve.

As stupid as it may sound to say, I think he may be playing the best golf of his career.  He probably won't win 3 majors this season, but damn if he isn't as consistent in each start.

Can't wait for the US Open!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Tiger didn't suggest a drop spot and then ask for feedback.  According to the guy walking with the group (Maltbie?), the first thing Tiger did is ask his playing partner if his ball crossed before or after a specific post, and his partner said it crossed after.  You could then see him proceed to ask several times for feedback on the spot.

Yes, Malbie said that from where he was, the drop looked to be in an appropriate location from what they could see at the tee box. [quote name="bplewis24" url="/t/66787/2013-players-at-tpc-sawgrass-tiger-and-sergio-feud-discussion-thread/270_30#post_842756"] I watched the aerial view a few times and it still wasn't clear to me where the ball crossed.  [/quote] Yes. Bear in mind that if the aerial video wasn't straight over the top of the ball, it could look like it was over the top of the ball, but it would look farther away from the shore than it was in real life.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Anything becomes funnier when you add goofy music to it...

• Upvote 2

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Originally Posted by cougar978

I wonder what the producers yelled in Johnny Miller's earpiece when he all but accused Tiger of cheating without saying so. Funny he never mentioned it again afterward.

After Tiger hit his ball in the water on 14, NBC showed an aerial view that clearly showed where the ball entered the hazard. I am curious to see the correlation of the aerial shot and where Tiger dropped

The aerial view showed nothing.  You can't tell a thing by that because of the camera angle.  It would only be meaningful if the camera was dead straight above the point where the ball crossed into the hazard.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Dense, not by any means.  Merely using the same logic and lingo as some of the fanboys boys who drool in TW foot steps. And then get asked if I'm dense.  Some of you fanboys show as much class as your hero does.  You clearly were ment for each other.

Admittedly I am no Tiger fan.  Saying that I did not see the happenings on the 14th hole nor do I give a big enough crap to try and see a replay.  What I did see of him today looked like he has his poop in a group and will be chasing history again.  I am no fan of his but I do like to watch amazing golf when its played.  I am old enough to be able to watch good golf and not respect the a-hole playing it.  Me thinks some of you should give your families the love and attention that you effortlessly donate to Tiger.

The aerial view showed nothing.  You can't tell a thing by that because of the camera angle.  It would only be meaningful if the camera was dead straight above the point where the ball crossed into the hazard.

Yeah. Not only could the camera have been off, but we would not have been able to tell if it was off, or by how much.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

How about the stones it took to hit a draw into that pin position in 18? Not to mention the tee shot...

Colin P.

I must say, Sergio took this a lot better than I thought he would. I said somewhere on this forum that the turning point of his career would be when, instead of standing defeated in the face of luck/fate/what have you, he stands defiant of it; Phil didn't start winning majors until his outlook changed. I don't think Sergio's quite there yet, but he's a lot closer than he was a week ago.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by lenman73

Dense, not by any means.  Merely using the same logic and lingo as some of the fanboys boys who drool in TW foot steps.

No, you used NO logic.  That is the point.  Logic failed the statement you made and the question you asked.  Logic would have stopped you from making the initial post.

Originally Posted by lenman73

I am old enough to be able to watch good golf and not respect the a-hole playing it.  Me thinks some of you should give your families the love and attention that you effortlessly donate to Tiger.

Clearly you are not yet old enough to separate your feelings about the a-hole from the analysis of the golf.  The mere fact that you assume people here give Tiger more love and attention that they do their families is a great illustration of this.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Given how beautifully Tiger is hitting his 3 wood and 5 wood, and given how tight Merion will play, will he leave the driver out of the bag at Merion? Should he?

Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!