IGNORED

2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Well yeah. Sergio's 'fried chicken' remarks were from last year, and obviously they weren't widely reported at that time (unlike Stevie's 'black arse' comment), but with this latest dust-up they went back & found Sergio's quote. Media blowup or media research? In the eye of the beholder I guess, but that's what the media does - this is a juicy story of two talented rival athletes with one having a hissy so it makes sense in the media's world to go back & find if Sergio said things in the past about Tiger. And I would assume they also did the same with Tiger. But Tiger doesn't divulge much - he has mastered the one-word answer which gets right to the point.

So is it time to move on? It will be when the media gets tired of the story or when something else happens. This is their cause du jour.

What are you talking about?  They were said this past Tuesday - i.e., yesterday.  It was a dinner honoring 2012 accomplishments on the Eurotour, but it just happened.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by turtleback

Quote:

Well yeah. Sergio's 'fried chicken' remarks were from last year, and obviously they weren't widely reported at that time (unlike Stevie's 'black arse' comment), but with this latest dust-up they went back & found Sergio's quote. Media blowup or media research? In the eye of the beholder I guess, but that's what the media does - this is a juicy story of two talented rival athletes with one having a hissy so it makes sense in the media's world to go back & find if Sergio said things in the past about Tiger. And I would assume they also did the same with Tiger. But Tiger doesn't divulge much - he has mastered the one-word answer which gets right to the point.

So is it time to move on? It will be when the media gets tired of the story or when something else happens. This is their cause du jour.

What are you talking about?  They were said this past Tuesday - i.e., yesterday.  It was a dinner honoring 2012 accomplishments on the Eurotour, but it just happened.

Yep, just happened last night.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Yep, just happened last night.

Sorry, I stand corrected. Somehow I thought he said the fried chicken thing last year.

Well hell, then that doesn't make this a 'media thing' at all, does it? If he said that just the other night, ithe media isn't pushing this, Sergio is.

Sorry, I stand corrected. Somehow I thought he said the fried chicken thing last year.

Well hell, then that doesn't make this a 'media thing' at all, does it? If he said that just the other night, ithe media isn't pushing this, Sergio is.

Yeah, just a very stupid thing to say after you were just asking people to "move on" a few days earlier.  I understand that he thought he was giving a silly answer in response to what he thought was a silly question, but it was stupid nonetheless.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Yeah, just a very stupid thing to say after you were just asking people to "move on" a few days earlier.  I understand that he thought he was giving a silly answer in response to what he thought was a silly question, but it was stupid nonetheless.

I'm sure he's wishing he would have just said "no" in response to the question and left it at that.

Originally Posted by Dave H

I'm sure he's wishing he would have just said "no" in response to the question and left it at that.

Yet another thing that Tiger does better! LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!