IGNORED

2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How do you come about an observation like "F*** he's good"? What about Sergio? What about the rest of the guys that are -9, -8? Are they terrible?

Yes.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

How do you come about an observation like "F*** he's good"? What about Sergio? What about the rest of the guys that are -9, -8?

Are they terrible?

I dunno...maybe because he's good?

Maybe if you stop being so butt-hurt by things you don't like, you could stop seeing everything in a negative light?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

How do you come about an observation like "F*** he's good"? What about Sergio? What about the rest of the guys that are -9, -8? Are they terrible?

Because Sergio doesn't have 3 wins already this year.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Prediction: Tiger plays an indifferent third round, Sergio falls apart on the back nine, Westwood shoots a 68 and leads Tiger by two shots at the end of the day.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

My prediction for today is that Tiger goes nuts and breaks the course record and has a comfortable 6+ shot lead over 2nd place.  He's still hungry for what could have been at the Masters. Making up for it at a place he hasn't been stellar at.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I dunno...maybe because he's good?

Maybe if you stop being so butt-hurt by things you don't like, you could stop seeing everything in a negative light?

Exactly...nobody said the other guys were terrible- they are very good also, but none of them has Tiger's track record.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Prediction: Tiger plays an indifferent third round, Sergio falls apart on the back nine, Westwood shoots a 68 and leads Tiger by two shots at the end of the day.

It does seem like the kind of round where we've been accustomed to seeing a listless 18 holes from Tiger over the past few years.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It does seem like the kind of round where we've been accustomed to seeing a listless 18 holes from Tiger over the past few years.

He's certainly not shooting 62, as one poster suggested after I provided my two cents. To further elaborate, the big difference between "vintage" Tiger and the one we've seen these last few years is that he hasn't been able to make those big moves into the lead on Saturday that made those "14 of 14 majors won after leading 54 holes" statistics so notable. Really, we saw signs of this going as far back as 2007, when he had opportunities to put the Masters and US Open away on Saturday, didn't do it, and ultimately finished second both times. At this point of his career, Tiger is less of a "win the tournament on Saturday" player, and more of a "assume one pedestrian round on the weekend, so he has to be clear of the field on Friday" player. Let's see if he changes that perception today.

• Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Garcia isn't going to handle being paired with Tiger well.  He's collapsed under even less pressure in the past and I expect he'll just about be in tears when Tiger is done with him.

Joe Paradiso

Just coming off rain delay and I have to leave -- will they carry coverage on NBC through the finish, or will they move to GolfChannel at 7 pm?  Anyone know for sure?  I am guessing they will go to GC

Thanks -- I can only DVR one station and want to get as much as possible

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

wtf who is this lingmerth dude?  friggin short stack oompa loompa t-rex armed little man pec doofus...

cmon tiger!  get a good nights sleep, rest up.  sweet dreams, buddy!

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

wtf who is this lingmerth dude?  friggin short stack oompa loompa t-rex armed little man pec doofus...

cmon tiger!  get a good nights sleep, rest up.  sweet dreams, buddy!

Lmao! That is one mean comment. I'm kinda liking the guy, even tho I want T-Wizzle or Stricker to take it.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Originally Posted by 3putter

Lmao! That is one mean comment. I'm kinda liking the guy, even tho I want T-Wizzle or Stricker to take it.

yeah, it was probably a little mean...im pretty protective when it comes to Tigs and whoevers ahead of him.

Colin P.

For those that didn't see today, Sergio put his second shot on the par 5 2nd into the trees and ended up making bogey to Tiger's birdie. He looked over after the shot and seemed upset about a sound that came from somewhere else on the course. During the delay he seemed to accuse Tiger of a little bit of gamesmanship.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9265485/2013-players-championship-sergio-garcia-says-tiger-woods-distracted-shot

So, fair or foul?

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

yeah, it was probably a little mean...im pretty protective when it comes to Tigs and whoevers ahead of him.

Blah, blah, blah.... Tiger who? :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Blah, blah, blah....

Tiger who?

ha!

LOL at tiger saying hes not surprised that Sergio was complaining about something...

Colin P.

Garcia's complaints - the reason he will not win a major.

He's got to man up.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!