IGNORED

Pull cart or Carry Bag

Note: This thread is 3999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My carry bag is on its last leg (literally leg fell off today). I am debating on buying a nice pull cart. I was wondering what people thought. I already have a nice cart bag that I use when I know im going to ride for a few rounds, but I walk a round a week or so during the week by myself. If it was you, what would you do, buy a nice pull cart, or buy a new carry bag?

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Since I'm carrying 50lbs extra as it is, I'm a fan of the push cart.  I have been using a Clicgear 2.0 for 5 or 6 years now, and prefer the push cart to carrying.  I have a GPS on the cart, I just walk up to the right of the ball, stop the cart, get my yardage, pull a club and go.  IMHO, the setting the bag down, picking it up over and over wore me out more than the walking.  I also have a super light weight Ogio cart bag that I put on my push card so that helps reduce weight and makes pushing easier.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I tried carrying for six months and then purchased a clicgear.  Best purchase I ever made.  I agree with Lumpuckeroo, my back would start bothering me from constantly picking up the bag from the ground or the times it would spill over.  You still get just as much exercise and it makes the round much more enjoyable.  Another great advantage is that on really sunny summer days in Florida I setup my umbrella.  Makes a huge difference by the end of the round.

Carlos

Since it sounds like you play with friends on the weekends, and by yourself during the week, I like the idea of using the weekday round to practice and get exercise. Have you thought of carrying a light bag with half your clubs? You could alternate between carrying only even-numbered irons and only odd-numbered irons. You could even alternate between driver and 3-wood, and between pitching wedge and sand wedge. I would think this would force you to get creative with your 6- or 8-iron when what you would usually select is your 7-iron. Imagine your friends' faces when you get a sand save with your 9-iron. I got one once with a putter! (That's probably my only sand save.)

I only get to play about once every three weeks, but if I was able to play twice weekly, then that's how I'd do it.

Plus, I think I play much faster with a carry bag.

Push cart all the way.  Carrying your clubs can be hard on your back and the fatigue is probably costing you a few strokes per round.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

When I carry I dont feel any additional fatigue with my shoulders or back. I do use a carry stand bag so it isnt on the ground and I dont have to continue to pick it up. I just went to a new club (my old club hardly had a walker ever that wasnt a kid) and I noticed a lot of the walkers use the push/pull carts. My only advantage would not being have to change bags out constantly. The down side to a cart is you cant walk through creeks and other things you might encounter and have to walk to the path that crosses water, etc.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I used to carry my bag all the time, and make fun of any young person who was using a pull cart.  I took a 10 year hiatus from golf and just started playing again about 2 years ago.  I had the same attitude about carts, now they are mostly push carts.  I bought a nice Callaway stand bag and away I went.  My back and knees just aren't the same as they used to be.  At the end of rounds my back, knees, feet, etc...were sore and sometimes in a lot of pain.  I decided to join the darkside and get a push cart.  I could feel a difference at the turn.  My body wasn't sore they way it used to be, I felt like my swing stayed solid throughout the whole round.  The advantage to the cart, is that it has a lot of accessories that I can use with it and weight is not a problem.

IMHO, since you already have a decent cart bag, get the push cart.

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

I used to carry my bag all the time, and make fun of any young person who was using a pull cart.  I took a 10 year hiatus from golf and just started playing again about 2 years ago.  I had the same attitude about carts, now they are mostly push carts.  I bought a nice Callaway stand bag and away I went.  My back and knees just aren't the same as they used to be.  At the end of rounds my back, knees, feet, etc...were sore and sometimes in a lot of pain.  I decided to join the darkside and get a push cart.  I could feel a difference at the turn.  My body wasn't sore they way it used to be, I felt like my swing stayed solid throughout the whole round.  The advantage to the cart, is that it has a lot of accessories that I can use with it and weight is not a problem.

IMHO, since you already have a decent cart bag, get the push cart.

Agree.  Anyone who thinks that carrying their bag doesnt fatigue them is only fooling themselves.  It just doesnt make sense if you think about it.  I used to carry my bag too because my ego let me convince myself that I work in a factory and Im strong, so theres no reason for me to use a push cart.  Then, I bought a cheap, 2-wheel pull cart at Target for $20 just to try it and it was a night and day difference in terms of how I felt at the end of my round.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I walk most of the time I play and I use my push/pull 3-wheel cart. Makes walking and playing much easier. And as a bonus you can easily carry yours and your buddies beer/cooler with it and still enjoy a round of walking golf.

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

I'd rather carry if it's hilly, cart if it's flatter.

I'd rather drive a cart, frankly.  I already have a real exercise program, this is for fun, and the cart usually has a cup holder or three

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!