IGNORED

Great day at the range, but WOW The Wind?

Note: This thread is 4004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I went to the range for the 1st time since my injury...

I had the best day on the range ever, except we had 14 - 18 MPH winds.

Question: Is 14-18 MPH a 2 club wind? The guys at the range said so.

I was able to stripe my 8 iron 122yd and it was barely hitting the fringe of the target. My 7 iron made it on the green of the target.

Is there a MPH chart for club selection adjustments?

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

Wind is one thing but the other is the fact that you're hitting range balls.  I go to the range a couple of times a week but can't count on every range ball to perform the same since they aren't all the same type.  I wouldn't put a lot of stock into your distance variation unless there's just one type and age of ball at your range.

Note: This thread is 4004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!