• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnardo72

3 days to golf - Academy??

8 posts in this topic

My wife has given me a pass to go away for three days to decompress from work and the kids. I immediately thought of a 3-day golf trip, but have always wondered about a 3-day golf school/academy. I'll probably go solo, as this is a spur of the moment trip.

I take lessons once a month, but would really love to get hands-on training for a few days in a row. I'm about a 10 hcp, Usually shoot 82-85, but have shot in the 70's a dozen times, 74 is my best.

Any suggestions on where to go for a school/academy?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Where do you live? How far do you want to travel?

Awards and Achievements

live near philly. will travel to FL, SC, NV, AZ, etc

just not sure if i want to head somewhere and play solo for 3 days or get in an academy with a group, learn and play with everyone.

I realize Michigan wasn't one of your choices but you should at least look at Tree Tops and / or Boyne.   They are some of the best in the country.  Currently the weather is good but if you blink...

Awards and Achievements

Years ago I attended a 5-day golf school.  It was extremely helpful and I suspect the current versions are even better.  One pro and 3 students.

I won't recommend the particular school because I doubt it is the same now as a couple of decades ago and it was located in VT.  But I think your idea to use the time for a golf school is spot on.

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by mnardo72

live near philly. will travel to FL, SC, NV, AZ, etc

Try this!

http://thesandtrap.com/t/66318/orlando-fl-area-5sk-special-50-off-reunion-resort#post_834037

James and Mike are running a course on May 18 and 19 down here at James' new home at Reunion Resort.  Spend a day or two with them, and then play some golf in the Orlando area.  Weather is GREAT right now and we've just had a good amount of much needed rain.  Courses are in great shape!

Awards and Achievements

Why not do both?  Find a course that you really want to play and get daily lessons from the club pro while you are there.  I'd bet the pro at something like TPC Sawgrass would be really solid.