IGNORED

Shaft question?

Note: This thread is 3997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I currently play a Cobra Speed LD F driver with the stock stiff shaft in it. Last summer i demoed a Rocketballz driver for a few rounds and hit it great. It had the R11s shaft in it which would be a RIP phenom 60.  My question is, if i would select a shaft with similar specs to the RIP phenom 60 will i get the same results?

I am looking to get a new driver, primarily either a Rocketballz or the Titleist 913.  The shafts i am looking at to put in them are the following:

Rocketballz with a Graphite Design DI 7 shaft

913 with a Graphite Design DI 7 shaft  OR  Graphite design BB 6 shaft.

According to Titleist fitting chart all of the shafts (DI 6, BB 6, and RIP phenom 60) have similar launch and spin descriptions.

Also, The current shaft in my driver is 63 grams. what will going to a 70ish gram shaft do?

Those are great shafts -- GD shafts are known for smoothness and consistency. Tiger plays a DI something.

The 70g will increase your swingweight, but with Titleist you can install a lighter weight in the head to balance SW if it is slightly heavy for you.

Titleist also has a graph in their product catalog showing spin and launch as compared to other shafts - but you may have seen it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any chance you can get on a launch monitor and test some of the shafts out? Not sure if Titleist fitting cart comes with Graphite Design shafts, however.

Product charts can help you narrow down the field, but it's best to hit the shaft before you buy it.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No I do not have access to a launch monitor. In fear of ordering something that doesn't work well for me i will test out everything i have access too and  decide from there.   I am leaning toward RBZ or 913 though.  I will hit Cobra Amp, Ping g25, and R1 as well though.

Note: This thread is 3997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!