IGNORED

My Swing (nzaza)

nzaza
Note: This thread is 3970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years ago I started again, I played when I was young

My current handicap index or average score is: 90-95

My typical ball flight is : high and inconsistent

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is : slice,push,pull. Everything, I am very inconsistent.

I have a hard time not coming over the top,  If you see my left arm as weird, read my thread here as to why
http://thesandtrap.com/t/65999/bent-elbows-really-not-what-you-think

The first one is recent and I noticed my alignment is off, I tried to shallow out my swing plane, the second one is the more upright swing. I have a face on but it's from a while ago now

Videos:

I am having a really hard time trying to analyze my swing and then put what I know into changes. I can see what I am doing (or I think I do) but I know for sure I have a really hard time with these things

a: Stopping my backswing shorter. I feel like its awfully long and maybe lose a lot of control on it

b: Stop coming over the top and hit from the inside

c: Keep my swing consistent

I really hope a few people can comment and get another set of eyes on this and give me some things I should work on.
I am really strongly thinking of using evolvr as well in the future because I really am dedicated to playing some good golf.

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by nzaza

I am having a really hard time trying to analyze my swing and then put what I know into changes. I can see what I am doing (or I think I do) but I know for sure I have a really hard time with these things

a: Stopping my backswing shorter. I feel like its awfully long and maybe lose a lot of control on it

I really hope a few people can comment and get another set of eyes on this and give me some things I should work on.

I am really strongly thinking of using evolvr as well in the future because I really am dedicated to playing some good golf.

Thanks in advance

Try to feel like the shaft is covering your view of your right forearm on the way down from a down the line view, and do a WHOLE LOT of this drill that Mike posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzl8kd-WEvY&feature;=player_embedded

Video appears to have not imbedded so I posted the link.

Thanks for the note! How did you get the drill for this? I have a hard time knowing where my arm is going so it's useful to get the feeling and try and replicate. How did you learn to get the feeling? I am guessing it's probably easier to look at a mirror to see the angle and then get the feeling that way.

Appreciate the reply!

Thanks for the note! How did you get the drill for this? I have a hard time knowing where my arm is going so it's useful to get the feeling and try and replicate. How did you learn to get the feeling? I am guessing it's probably easier to look at a mirror to see the angle and then get the feeling that way.

Appreciate the reply!

Click on mvmac's swings on this "Member Swings" page for the drill.

I'm still trying to get there in my swings. Looks good when I do the drill and even fairly good when I take a full practice swing but I'm not there yet when actually hitting a ball. Instead of the shaft covering my forearm at halfway down it's more in the bicep area...But it's a heck of a lot better than it was a few weeks ago.

(And my game hasn't gone downhill any while trying to make that change).

I just film a LOT of swings and look at the video to see if I'm making any progress and do slow motion work looking at a mirror behind me.

BTW The drill also had the unintended consequence of fixing my old habit of coming up before impact.

Thanks in advance

IMO A and B are tied together.  To shorten things up and help synch to pivot with the arms, this is what I'd recommend.  There could be a few more things to add but this is what I'd do first.  Left arm, left elbow is moving away from your body, helps if the upper part of the left arm stays connected to the left pec.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks to both of you for your posts! I can see what you mean and I will definitely focus on these changes and see what I can come up with

and how I get on. I will post an update this week to see if I am getting it right and I will be trying to put some heavy effort in getting the feeling right.

This is going to be weird for sure. I tried in front of a mirror to get the feeling but it felt really odd and strange to me. It feels like I am really flat

and that I would lack any power this way but I am guessing that is far from the truth

mvmac, you mentioned a few more things to add and I was wondering if you could point them out. I am definitely going to work on the above first

but I am interested in hearing what else you see for me to work on. Are you thinking however that because of the changes I am looking at

that it might change those areas as well?

Again, thanks to both of you for your posts.

mvmac, you mentioned a few more things to add and I was wondering if you could point them out. I am definitely going to work on the above first

but I am interested in hearing what else you see for me to work on. Are you thinking however that because of the changes I am looking at

that it might change those areas as well?

Lower back posture (too much arch), maybe grip (right hand more in fingers), getting enough weight/pressure forward at impact

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Take a look at about :01-:02 in the first and second videos. Your backswing in your first video starts with all hands. Notice how your hands start and how the club kind of bows outward. I'm assuming that was a slice/fade or a straight pull. In both videos, the arms are doing way too much in your take away. However, the second swing looked much better! Try initiating your backswing with your upper body. My two cents.

Driver: Titleist 905R with Aldila NV stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 909f2 w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Club 19*
4-PW: Titleist 695cb
GW (50 degree): Titleist Oil Can Vokey 250SW (54 degree): Titleist Vokey Oil Can Spin MilledLW (58 degree): Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Scotty...

So I began working on the items suggested above this week. Specifically the takeaway and then the drills mentioned above by ms256, whataguy and mvmac. I noticed a difference and I can see what I am trying to change (though it felt weird) but of course I forgot my camera. So I will be going tomorrow night and I will record my swing again and make sure I am getting the right movements. It definitely helped doing this in front of the mirror before going out to get the feeling but I think I am probably still not doing enough of the motion. I think seeing it tomorrow will be able to confirm this for me.

Just wanted to thank you all for the help and I will post the swing in the next few days so you can see what I am trying to work on.

Note: This thread is 3970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!