• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

Something I noticed about David Lingmerth's swing - rear foot flared *in* a tad around P6-P7.

5 posts in this topic

It works for him, just wanted to point it out as I've never seen that before. His P6, hands are a little forward of the right thigh, impact hands are well forward. Is this sort of an anti-fat swing?

Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

That seems unusual to me as well.  His heel is clearly off the ground at impact, but what strikes me as odd is that somehow he keeps the outside of the front part of his right foot on the ground at impact and pivots.  The right leg action reminds me a lot of a baseball swing.

Awards and Achievements

Strong grip, cut procedure.  Camera angle is also a little behind him, too far to his right.  The way the pressure in his feet are working to flare the toe in is due to his upper center tipping back, or you could say the way the pressure is working tips the upper center back Definitely not anti-fat swing, head moves back to try and create 2nd axis tilt.  Not saying he hits shots fat, but if you wanted to start hitting more fat/thins shots, tipping the head back and spinning the hips would be a great way to start lol

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by mvmac

Strong grip, cut procedure.  Camera angle is also a little behind him, too far to his right.  The way the pressure in his feet are working to flare the toe in is due to his upper center tipping back, or you could say the way the pressure is working tips the upper center back   Definitely not anti-fat swing, head moves back to try and create 2nd axis tilt.  Not saying he hits shots fat, but if you wanted to start hitting more fat/thins shots, tipping the head back and spinning the hips would be a great way to start lol

Ah I see. The reason I mentioned anti-fat is that his P6 and P7 look so good, if I'm interpreting it right.

Awards and Achievements

i seem to remember hearing them comment on his background in hockey. I could be thinking of the wrong player but as a prior hockey player myself we tend to have a bit of a different footwork and handwork to our swings.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Golf Evolution
    • Finding Value in The Used Club Market
      On Craigslist around Phoenix we used to see loads of irons in the early part season because people would buy clubs they can't hit *cough* blades *cough*, or just clubs that weren't fitted or they didn't like and then sell them. That's how I got my nikes before they were stolen.   I don't buy into the new distance drivers and such, but the forgiveness is definitely a major improvement. I take my old Wooden Woods to the range every once in a while and not only do misfits cause massive distance loss, they just fly horrible as well. The new stuff is definitely helpful to worse players but if Ben hogan could drive a wooden club over 300 then why is it so impressive to driver a super forgiving driver over 300? idk, just my $0.02
    • Injury Question
      With my insurance I can't afford a MRI.  I got one for my rotator cuff a 2 years ago and my insurance only paid $80 of the bill .  I'm still paying the bill since its either pay off it quickly and struggle with my school loans or pay it off slowly and pump more money into those things I used for school.  Without an MRI, I'm not sure how much help a doctor would be able to give me.
    • How to eliminate blowup holes
      Everyone gets double bogeys. Even the pros. The pros just don't get them often.  We all have blow up holes. Mine tend to come in pairs. Then I'll settle down and hit "the shot." I consider an 8 a blow up hole. It's usually the result of a bad tee shot. Although on a real fast green once it was the result of a four putt.... in a tournament.... when I missed a 1 foot putt. Another thing we tend to do is try to do quick fixes during our rounds. Don't. They don't work. Play with the game you have. Fix your problem at the driving range later. If your driver is in the woods constantly, leave it in the bag for the round, and practice with it on the range. Hit an iron off the tee if you need to keep the ball in play. 
    • Injury Question
      Okay, so this isn't exactly something recent.  In fact its something I did in August, that seems like it just doesn't want to heal completely. The injury in question occurred on my downswing on August 7th, it felt as those I pulled every muscle from underneath my arm pit to the bottom of my ribs.  I gingerly tried a few swings after that and why it was tender I guess endorphins got me through the rest of the round (2 holes).  I probably should have taken a few weeks off to let everything heal after this, but seeing how I had lost 70lbs over the course of 4 months and would go onto lose 130+ lbs by October (mostly through golf) I was kind of blinded by the motivation to keep pushing myself.  I played with severe discomfort for a couple of weeks, and then it kind of faded though it felt tight to make a reaching movement with my left arm. Now months later, the pain is basically gone when it comes to golf, but every now and again if I do some unknown action with my swing I get what feels like popping sensation and the discomfort comes back for that swing.  The tightness when reaching never really went away either.  Most of the time it isn't a problem, its just something that occasionally bothers me and I was wondering if anyone has had something similar?  I'm currently trying to strengthen the muscles around that area to see if responds to what eventually got me over a partially torn rotator cuff.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. onthehunt526
      onthehunt526
      (29 years old)
  • Blog Entries