Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcarile

New 3 wood help

19 posts in this topic

I'm in the market for a new 3 wood.. My old r11 is just getting less appealing to me every round. The loud noise and ding it makes is pretty annoying. And I don't like the way the adjustable sole plate makes it sit higher. I'm sorta looking at the titleist 913 or 910 for a better price.. But I just want a more classic looking club that has a nice sound to it and sits below the ball.. I have a medium to high ball flight. Any help is appreciated!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I have had trouble with 3 woods for years. This season I bought the Callaway X-Hot in stock graphite stiff. Wow! Hit it so well I then purchased the 5 to go along with it.

I looked at that one. I like the way it sits and it has a really hot face. Also like the ping g25. I'll see which i can find cheaper

You may want to check out the Cobra woods. I have had the S2 driver and 3 wood and love them, easy to hit and long.

I have the cobra amp 3 wood and absoulty love it. Some days I hit it further than my driver. Good feel and sound. If price is no issue the amp cell is probably even better

Poking around in Dicks the other day and the new Nickent 3 woods are sharp looking.  No idea how they hit but they sure do look mean lol.

Hit an older used exotics 3 wood at golf galaxy tonight.. Compared it to my 3 wood.. Also hit the callaway x hot.. Carried mine about 225 and rolled about 240.. X hot flew 235 and rolled to 255 consistently. Exotics had similar numbers to the x hot.. Feeling the x hot but may get the shaft cut down because it feels whippy

When looking at the fairway woods, at least test out a 4W. The 4W is more reliable for many golfers than a 3W.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play a 16.5 Ping G25 4 wood so easy to hit, found the 3W was just not cutting it for me this is the only wood i carry at this point.

I have been told by a few fitters that there are a lot of golfers that would do much better with a 4w dont discount it.

The 4w still go around 250? My hybrid is 17 degree so idk about a 4w

I play a 20* hybrid, but I am not a long hitter by any means I can push my 4 w to 200 +/-.

Believe it or not but I also carry and use a Cobra 7W. I use it instead of a hybrid because I can hit the hell out of it, plus the swing is the same as with a 3W. I have used it out of traps, roughs, you name it, great club. (I know some people call it a lady's club but who cares, I like it).

I started bagging a Razr X Black 4 wood. It's amazing how much more control I gained. It's also a lot easier to get good ball flight with out really losing distance compared to a 3 wood.

I have no trouble getting the ball in the air so a 4w sounds just like my hybri to me.. I have the 910h by titleist. But I'm really liking the x hot by callaway. Not sure if I wanna shell out the money for it yet.. Still recovering from buying my irons

I have no trouble getting the ball in the air so a 4w sounds just like my hybri to me.. I have the 910h by titleist. But I'm really liking the x hot by callaway. Not sure if I wanna shell out the money for it yet.. Still recovering from buying my irons

Originally Posted by kcarile