IGNORED

What club would you grab if someone was robbing you?

jakepalm
Note: This thread is 3955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would use a boomerang from my utility belt because I am Batman!

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh no I see where this is headed. I'll be back in a bit to move this thread to the Grill Room.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I thought the OP's question began with "What golf club...?"

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6BhkRQqiMs&feature;=youtu.be&t;=2m30s

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

SW or PW. I can't hit a frickin' stationary ball with a 3 or 4 iron so a moving person will be a good whiff.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

It's gotta be my Vokey 52 degree. Steel shaft, heavy head, good non-slip Winn grip etc...plus I wouldn't want to snap my graphite shafted middle irons should I miss hit the guy's thick head.

I guess I'm not that into golf, I keep my clubs on the back porch, not in my bedroom.

But I do carry an old 3 iron in my bag, I call it my "snake wedge".

I carry it when I'm looking for my ball and know chances are good

at seeing something that might bite.

I guess some of you guys in Florida might need a "gator wedge", my

old 3 iron wouldn't work well for that.

So in conclusion "old 3 iron" Good for weed whacking, but poor for

large reptile and home defense...

Old adage comes to mind, "right tool for the job" and all that.

Well the OP did say golf club, so maybe one of the shafts i have replaced that I use for alignment sticks. I think you could hurt someone like that. I've been thinking of just pouring some lead in the end and making a sort of baton. If I deviate with some other like minds on here, I will say 12 ga.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I started this thread mainly because I was hearing that story on the news of this 70 year old man beating the living shite out of this guy who broke into his house locked and loaded with the intention to kill. I will say though, the responses have been pretty staggered; I was expecting everyone to be for PW, SW and even putters. Nope, we got some gun deliberation, woods, drivers, etc. Keep up the responding!

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

Originally Posted by jakepalm

Say you are at home and your house gets broken into and you are being robbed; and while looking for your defensive weapon, the first group of blunt objects you see is your golf bag. What specific club would you pull out and arm yourself with in this situation?

I'd use my wife's pitching wedge. (Why should I ruin mine?)

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

If I had no choice but a golf club to defend myself with I'd take the heaviest one.  In my case that is a L-Wedge.  But I keep my clubs in the garage and so it is unlikely that would be my choice of defensive weapons.

Butch

I'd have to agree with others that my gun would be the first thing I went for, but if a golf club selection is in order (my clubs sit about 3 feet from my bed) I'd probably choose one of the wedges.

For those of you thinking a golf club is not effective, you should look up the story about a guy who tried to hold up a golfer at knife point (Please, please... do not tell me how much more effective a gun is. Common sense would tell anyone that it is).

The end result was the knife wielding robber ending up being taken to the hospital by ambulance after being struck in the side of the head by a 7i (yes, the story specifically said it was a 7 iron). The picture displays what the guy's head looked like... and all I will say, without being too graphic, is that this guy was basically scalped and needed some 50 staples and countless stitches to fix him up, pre-coma that it is.....

• Upvote 1

I'd use what ever Elin used.
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!