IGNORED

worst score of year

flymojames
Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Shot 88 today ,worst score of year.no excuses weather beautiful 16 degree,no wind.greensmuch faster than last time out.must improve for 2nd rd matchplay Tuesday.

112 the other week. Disgusted with myself and 4th bad round in a row.  Nearly walked away from the game altogether after the 4th time seeing the handicap go up again.

I shot 104 a few weeks ago. I was ill with the flu and could barely stand up straight without becoming dizzy and feeling like I would pass out. I should not have played golf, but I had already spent 3 straight days confined to my couch and thought a little fresh air would do me good. Unfortunately I was still very lethargic and weak and it showed.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

84... Went 12 over through 8 holes and then played the last 10 even.. First time out in 5 days and it really showed.. Found the correct club path and swing again on the back tho.

93 for the team in french 4th league.

about 120 mile wind, that ok it's windy in my place as well, but 5 greens just did'nt hold the ball.

short putts had huge break, I started putting soft to get tap ins and finally I never got anything in. ball striking was  already out of confidence after 3 holes, did'nt get back on that either.

the next day I played 90, same punishment, more wind.

116 here.... 13MPH winds... Completely did not commit to my grip and lost my mechanics...

But I will never quit... :)

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

Originally Posted by flymojames

Shot 88 today ,worst score of year.no excuses weather beautiful 16 degree,no wind.greensmuch faster than last time out.must improve for 2nd rd matchplay Tuesday.

Originally Posted by kcarile

84... Went 12 over through 8 holes and then played the last 10 even.. First time out in 5 days and it really showed.. Found the correct club path and swing again on the back tho.

Holy crap.  As 9 and 12 hcps, if those are your worst scores, remind me not to play you in any kind of net game!

I threw up (good term for it) a 91 back in February when I tried to play through some developing tendinitis.  Not too smart......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Holy crap.  As 9 and 12 hcps, if those are your worst scores, remind me not to play you in any kind of net game!   I threw up (good term for it) a 91 back in February when I tried to play through some developing tendinitis.  Not too smart......

In your defense i haven't updated my handicap recently.. It was kind of a rough guess but I've been consistently shooting from 74-79 and anything above 80 is displeasing lately. Swing is coming around for tournament season!

93, the first round of 18 holes back in April.  I also had a 46 on a 9 hole round on a very windy day earlier this month.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It's not technically this year, but it's still in my last 20, so I guess it counts.  Back at Christmas time, playing my brother's Country Club for the first time, I managed a 98.  I think it's also very safe to say that that is my worst score this millenium. :)  It's a fairly easy, straightforward course, but I was having an off day (obviously) and to top things off, it was raining.

For those unfamiliar .... us Southern Californians don't handle rain too well. ;)

I haven't put up any really bad 18 hole scores in a while. But I have had some horrid 9 hole scores that paired together ended up being low to mid 90's recently. Handful of 46's and one 48. On easy courses to boot so the differentials were HIGH. I don't think I put up anything higher than an 88 the entire off-season. I still posted the scores even though they didn't count. Was just looking at them trying to figure out what went wrong in May. I've played enough this month that my last 20 and 10 best is starting to be affected by recent bad play. I haven't depleted what was good in 2012 yet because we just started 04/01/2013.

Dave :-)

Shot 87 yesterday for my worst of the year. I hit the ball great but short game was horrible....3 putts galore

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Originally Posted by kcarile

In your defense i haven't updated my handicap recently.. It was kind of a rough guess but I've been consistently shooting from 74-79 and anything above 80 is displeasing lately. Swing is coming around for tournament season!

then you are no where near  a 9 handicap if you are shooting 74-49.  I'm a 1 and thats what I shoot most of the time...  Is your course rating 58?  My course is 74.2

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

then you are no where near  a 9 handicap if you are shooting 74-49.  I'm a 1 and thats what I shoot most of the time...  Is your course rating 58?  My course is 74.2

The course I work at is where I normally play.. It's a smaller and shorter course rating is 67.6 or something around 67.. Nothing more than 6600 yards. And my handicap hasn't been updated since last fall.. Haven't got around to putting in scores

Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!