IGNORED

Have you ever played with somebody who had a complete meltdown?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If so, describe it and describe how you reacted.

I once played with a guy that was putting so horribly that he threw his putter in the creek, then walked off the course. I was just trying to keep a straight face the w hole time.

How about you?

(I'll just leave this here)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One of the first years that me and my friend were playing, he had a terrible putting hole and proceeded to smoke his golf bag with his putter.  I noticed on the next hole that he was teeing off with a three wood.  I commented something to the affect of "trying to keep one in the fairway?" and he responds , "No, snapped the head off of my burner."

Joined a threesome as a single walker...

Everyone was fine for a couple of holes but one guy was wound a little tight. as we progressed around the course he got more and more agitated with his bad shots.  On the 13th tee he sliced (again) and threw his driver toward the golf cart... it bounded off the cart and onto the path snapping the head off and scuffing the hell out of the head.

Since I was walking I just avoided them the best I could.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

That guy was me. No tantrums or anything but I was playing strange and nothing seemed to be going right. Bad luck had a melted ice cube with a sharp edge under my fingernail as I reached in the cooler for a beer and lifted it off. Half way anyway on my middle finger of the right hand. Hurt like a mofo so some words were said. More like hissed and I turned around and headed for the car, blood dripping all over the place. Still clipping the dead part back, was just a few weeks ago and still tough to grip the club. My partner couldn't stop laughing so we headed for the local stromboli place.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by trackster

One of the first years that me and my friend were playing, he had a terrible putting hole and proceeded to smoke his golf bag with his putter.  I noticed on the next hole that he was teeing off with a three wood.  I commented something to the affect of "trying to keep one in the fairway?" and he responds , "No, snapped the head off of my burner."

Same thing happened to my friend. Ive had my own share of meltdowns before but never broken any clubs or thrown them in the water or anything like that. I dont want to ruin my equipment but I will let the Fbomb and any other cuss word fly.

Bag:  ping.gif Hoofer

Driver: titleist.gif 910D2 9.5* Ahina 72

Irons: titleist.gif AP2 712

Hybrid: adams.gif Idea A12 19*

Wedges: cleveland.gif 58* vokey.gif 52*

Putter:  odyssey.gif DFX 2 Ball Blade

I had a good meltdown myself one time. I was all primed for a big 2 day tournament. Hooked the ball uncontrollably all day...and was really just simmering the whole way around after the first few holes.

By the time I hit me tee shot on the 13th to the left rough, hooked my second over onto the 14th fairway and almost killed the group on the 14th tee with my hooking third, that thankfully carried the tee, I saw red and gave my bag a great thump with the traitorous 9I I was holding.

A substantial crunch and the realisation that i had just nailed my new mobile phone sobered me up quick smart. Got the anger out of the system at least and I was much better company for my group for the remaining holes than I had been until that point. Would be nice to say I carved up ther last 5 holes but unfortunately not...damned if that wasn't the most horrible round of golf I've ever played...12 stableford points for 18 holes!

Played the next day a lot better frame of mind and actually enjoyed myself alot...even though the scoring was still awful.

We went out as a threesome once and had a single added to our group.  The guy was a doctor who thought he was a much better golfer than he actually was.  Threw clubs, dropped F-bombs with every shot that wasn't perfect, kicked his ball off the green after missed putts, etc.  We were growing increasingly tired of his tantrums and were all debating on letting him play ahead by himself when he finally settled the decision for us - after missing a putt, he shouted out an expletive, turned his putter toe-down and buried his putter head clear to the shaft in the green.  All three of us blew up on him at once, at which point he became extremely apologetic and tried to fix the huge hole he had left in the putting surface.  We told him to play on ahead without us, and reported the damage to the marshal as soon as we saw him, pointing out the idiot who had done it.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Well no clubs where broken when i played competition about 4 weeks ago.

We play a four ball in the morning and single matchplay in the afternoon.

In my morning round i once again had massive hooks with driver and 3wood.

struggling to get the ball in play. we lost our match 3and2. In the afternoon i was

paired with the better player off the 2 from our morning match, he plays off hdc 5.

Course starts with a long par 5 and i again snap hooked a driver meaning i was already 1 down

i was getting a bit pissed off about my game. after getting true the turn being 4 down i started to hit

3 iron's off the tee. I was nailing them, some went past his driver.

I won 3 holes in a row. chipping in on the 10th holing a 30 footer birdie on 11 and on 12 a par 5 i was

75 yards from the green after 2. hit a 3/4 gap wedge really close and made another birdie, he was on the green in 2 and 3 putted.

something snapped after that hole, we halved the 13th, and than i took another 3 holes just by getting the ball in play and made 2 pars and a bogey.

he was cursing ass hell telling himself that he should have won this match easy. the 17th is a long par 3 200 yards it starts wide butt at the green its pretty small

left side is ob and on the right front off the green is a huge tree. bunkers left back and front. pin position back right. i hit a solid 5 iron to the back center off the green,

he faded a skinny hit ball on the tree that bounced back to the left in the front bunker, i thought he was lucky with that because further right where more trees making up and down nearly not possible. but he again was cursing. in the bunker he skinned his ball out nearly hitting me, he came out didn't rake the bunker gave me a hand and took off.

never saw him again.

When i was back at the clubhouse his teammates came to me and asked what had happened he was furious. i didn't had a clue and explained above. only thing they said was well done.

this was his first time to loose a single in competition.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Originally Posted by Mac62

We went out as a threesome once and had a single added to our group.  The guy was a doctor who thought he was a much better golfer than he actually was.  Threw clubs, dropped F-bombs with every shot that wasn't perfect, kicked his ball off the green after missed putts, etc.  We were growing increasingly tired of his tantrums and were all debating on letting him play ahead by himself when he finally settled the decision for us - after missing a putt, he shouted out an expletive, turned his putter toe-down and buried his putter head clear to the shaft in the green.  All three of us blew up on him at once, at which point he became extremely apologetic and tried to fix the huge hole he had left in the putting surface.  We told him to play on ahead without us, and reported the damage to the marshal as soon as we saw him, pointing out the idiot who had done it.

Nothing drives me crazy like someone slamming a club on the green.  That would have set me off too.

Gotta say, there are days when I wished that I threw clubs.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I have blown up on the course, my game that is but no outbursts.  I am sure I look like I am stewing but I generally keep it to myself.  Usually I just want to get out of there and usually it is some type of competition.  It might spark a 9:00 beer run......

Yup!  I have had them personally and a few times with playing partners in the foursome.  The game can really get under your skin at times.  However I've never broken or thrown a club.  Not prone to violent outburst, just and occasional "not for church" language at rare time.

Butch

I never have played with anyone, but I saw a guy break his driver, and then flipped out.  It was entertaining.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

A guy I know from work invited me to join an early morning foursome at a nearby course. He and his cart partner were fairly good golfers, but my cart partner was a chop.

He blew up on the second hole, and kept triggering secondary explosions. Every other shot was a 50-yard dribbler. I may have a scattering of double bogies during a round, but at least I keep up with the group.

We started charting his shots, and a couple of times he exceeded 10 strokes and we suggested he pick up.

Anyway, on the 12th hole I hit a decent drive into the light rough. He slices a driver into the woods. When he can't find it, he drops his club on the ground, and announces, "I quit!"

The other guys suggested I take him back to the clubhouse. That's about 400 yards in, and 400 yards back to the hole. I get back to my drive, hit two 50 yarders in a row, and end up with a triple bogey. The next hole, I hit a thin 5-iron and knock the ball 20 yards over the green, end up with a double bogey. Somehow, I played the last five holes in a miraculous three over, but ended up with a 91.

I should have made Mr. I-Quit walk back to the clubhouse. Not to complain, but I think I would had a better chance to break 90 without Mr. Quit.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Ive been grouped with people like that quite a few times.  When that happens, I simply ignore them and focus on my game.  As much as Id like to laugh at them and tell them to grow up, thats usually not the best way to handle someone like that.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by tmac20

If so, describe it and describe how you reacted.

I once played with a guy that was putting so horribly that he threw his putter in the creek, then walked off the course. I was just trying to keep a straight face the whole time.

How about you?

(I'll just leave this here)

LOL, gosh darn st00pid shoe

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I used to be a dick myself throwing tantrums and worried the hell out of my ex-gf who played golf with me; all born out of unrealistic expectation like aiming for that small outlet between trees and expecting to hit 200m from the rough. I didn't how detrimental was the impact until years later when I was in the receiving end of it after being paired up as a single ball. It was real bad and maybe a bit of a karma for me. It spoils everyone's game being a bitch on the course.

I had the same pair of Sergio's Addidas shoes (2000) from the video. It was absolutely horrible with little or no grip. You will slip even putting. Left it in the locker room and don't ever want to see it again.

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!