• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
mvmac

Show Us your "Opposite" Swing!

92 posts in this topic

For this thread post your "opposite" swing, so if you're a righty, post a swing of yourself lefty. Try to swing as fast as you would normally from your usual side.

Here's Erik and I swinging lefty.  Might be tough to see in high speed but Erik is swinging at a pretty good speed here.  I'm a bit slower If you don't have a lefty or righty club, just flip a wedge over like Erik and I are doing here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I wish my normal swing was that good!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll film one at my next range session if I remember. I won't try it in the basement as I'd probably break a couple lamps and put a hole in the drywall if I tried :-P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by mvmac

For this thread post your "opposite" swing, so if you're a righty, post a swing of yourself lefty. Try to swing as fast as you would normally from your usual side.

Here's Erik and I swinging lefty.  Might be tough to see in high speed but Erik is swinging at a pretty good speed here.  I'm a bit slower   If you don't have a lefty or righty club, just flip a wedge over like Erik and I are doing here.

Conspiracy!!!  It looks to me like it say "TIXE" over that door in the background.  Why would that be???  ;)  I'm suspicious that you guys borrowed somebody's left handed wedge, flipped it over, hit it right handed, then flipped the video over.

Obviously, I'm just kidding, as I am jealous of how good your "opposite" swings are (mostly Erik's - no offense Mike!).  Can't wait to film myself next time at the range and post it here. :)  This thread is going to be mostly hilarious!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

I just tried a practice swing in my basement, took me about 7 minutes to figure out how to grip the club LOL. Had to go back and forth a few times to get it remotely like a proper overlap. I'll definitely post one from my next range session. Can't be much worse than my regular swing

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

These felt like full swings. :-( [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUm0J0TX2-4[/VIDEO]
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Lol. This is going to be an awesome thread. I hope lots of peeps participate. I'll try to upload one in the next few days, if it doesn't stop raining I'll just do one inside. :-D
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Driver LH!  You win!

I'm afraid I will shank it and kill someone if I try this at the range.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Driver LH!  You win! c2_beer.gif I'm afraid I will shank it and kill someone if I try this at the range.

Lol. Yeah me too, scared I'll hit it about 18" fat and snap the sucker in half. The fact that it's upside down does not inspire confidence. :-P

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Here's Wedz!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Obviously, I'm just kidding, as I am jealous of how good your "opposite" swings are (mostly Erik's - no offense Mike!).  Can't wait to film myself next time at the range and post it here. :)  This thread is going to be mostly hilarious!

Yeah no offense taken, Erik's lefty swing is really good, seriously think he should get a lefty set and see what he can do.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Doesn't look nearly as goofy as it felt ...

And perhaps I need to work a little bit on my balance ...

And if the video is too shaky, it's cuz the wife was laughing at me while filming. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by mvmac

Here's Wedz!

I thought that swing wasn't half bad — and then I saw where the ball went.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

I thought that swing wasn't half bad — and then I saw where the ball went.

It's also done at about 21 MPH. I guess I'm proud of the fact that my swings are done with SPEED. Dave's… not so much.

Anyway, c'mon guys, let's get some more updates! Where are your swings?!?! :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

I was gonna record one yesterday but my camera battery died. I tried a few just for kicks and man was that ugly LOL. I'll record one at my next range session for sure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by iacas

I guess I'm proud of the fact that my swings are done with SPEED.

Mine too!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

C'mon guys let's see them. Nobody cares how bad they are - post 'em up!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by iacas

C'mon guys let's see them. Nobody cares how bad they are - post 'em up!

Seriously!!!  Ya'll are a bunch of wusses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now