IGNORED

Show Us Your "Opposite" Swing Challenge!

mvmac

For this thread post your "opposite" swing, so if you're a righty, post a swing of yourself lefty. Try to swing as fast as you would normally from your usual side.

Here's Erik and I swinging lefty.  Might be tough to see in high speed but Erik is swinging at a pretty good speed here.  I'm a bit slower If you don't have a lefty or righty club, just flip a wedge over like Erik and I are doing here.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll film one at my next range session if I remember. I won't try it in the basement as I'd probably break a couple lamps and put a hole in the drywall if I tried :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by mvmac

For this thread post your "opposite" swing, so if you're a righty, post a swing of yourself lefty. Try to swing as fast as you would normally from your usual side.

Here's Erik and I swinging lefty.  Might be tough to see in high speed but Erik is swinging at a pretty good speed here.  I'm a bit slower   If you don't have a lefty or righty club, just flip a wedge over like Erik and I are doing here.

Conspiracy!!!  It looks to me like it say "TIXE" over that door in the background.  Why would that be???  ;)  I'm suspicious that you guys borrowed somebody's left handed wedge, flipped it over, hit it right handed, then flipped the video over.

Obviously, I'm just kidding, as I am jealous of how good your "opposite" swings are (mostly Erik's - no offense Mike!).  Can't wait to film myself next time at the range and post it here. :)  This thread is going to be mostly hilarious!

• Upvote 1

I just tried a practice swing in my basement, took me about 7 minutes to figure out how to grip the club LOL. Had to go back and forth a few times to get it remotely like a proper overlap. I'll definitely post one from my next range session. Can't be much worse than my regular swing

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

These felt like full swings. :-(

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Lol. This is going to be an awesome thread. I hope lots of peeps participate. I'll try to upload one in the next few days, if it doesn't stop raining I'll just do one inside. :-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Driver LH!  You win! c2_beer.gif I'm afraid I will shank it and kill someone if I try this at the range.

Lol. Yeah me too, scared I'll hit it about 18" fat and snap the sucker in half. The fact that it's upside down does not inspire confidence. :-P

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Here's Wedz!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Obviously, I'm just kidding, as I am jealous of how good your "opposite" swings are (mostly Erik's - no offense Mike!).  Can't wait to film myself next time at the range and post it here. :)  This thread is going to be mostly hilarious!

Yeah no offense taken, Erik's lefty swing is really good, seriously think he should get a lefty set and see what he can do.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Doesn't look nearly as goofy as it felt ...

And perhaps I need to work a little bit on my balance ...

And if the video is too shaky, it's cuz the wife was laughing at me while filming. :)

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by mvmac

Here's Wedz!

I thought that swing wasn't half bad — and then I saw where the ball went.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

I thought that swing wasn't half bad — and then I saw where the ball went.

It's also done at about 21 MPH. I guess I'm proud of the fact that my swings are done with SPEED. Dave's… not so much.

Anyway, c'mon guys, let's get some more updates! Where are your swings?!?! :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was gonna record one yesterday but my camera battery died. I tried a few just for kicks and man was that ugly LOL. I'll record one at my next range session for sure.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator

C'mon guys let's see them. Nobody cares how bad they are - post 'em up!

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

C'mon guys let's see them. Nobody cares how bad they are - post 'em up!

Seriously!!!  Ya'll are a bunch of wusses!!!!!!!!!!!!!