• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Golf Near Greenville, SC

1 post in this topic

Besides the Walker Course in Clemson, what are the better courses to play in your opinion for those of you who have played in the Clemson/Greenville/Anderson SC area?

Looking at a few of the AAG courses such as Brookstone and Falcon's Lair.  Any of you ever play there?  What are your favorites?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Pete's Programme (Single Digit to Tour Player)
      By Nosevi · Posted
      Just made a quick vid as I was in the swing studio working on pitching yardages. sorry it ends abruptly, I started waffling (and more than usual!) Couple of points. My wife said I was 'cheating' moving the pin to a set yardage. In this vid I'm trying to hit a set yardage each time, in this case 60 yards, but the pitch I'm doing using the 52 allows the ball to skip on about 2 yards, that's why I moved it Secondly having seen this vid  @RandallT directed me to a vid made by @iacas here and there are some fairly obvious similarities to the technique I'm using and the one described there: Firstly I control the distance very much by my core rotation. I find this is the most consistent way of doing it. I'm not sure if you can tell but I'm also using the bounce in the shot in order to stop any problems with hitting fat shots. I find this gives by far the best contact and with a decent golf ball you can skip and stop the ball from the shortest of pitches, especially using my 60 degree wedge.. Anyway, as always comments welcome....... other than the fact that I still need to lose a lot of weight. 2 stone down and counting but yes, there's a way to go yet. There again, there have been some good chubby golfers. Maybe I could just..... Nope, I need every advantage I can give myself and fitness is one of them
    • Are expensive drivers worth it?
      By ghalfaire · Posted
      I believe the two most important clubs in the bag are the driver and putter.  Without those two "working" it is difficult to score well.  Having said that I don't equate money and performance as equals.  You need to find a driver that suits you and as WU Tiger suggests one way is to "get fitted" by a pro.  In my case I go the Golf Expos in the area and try out a lot of different clubs and some manufactures will "fit you for free (their equipment only).  So I do believe the driver is an important club that requires special attention, but don't think spending big bucks on one will ensure your driving performance.  I got mine out of a used club bin at a local shop that let me "rent" if for a round before I bought.  
    • One Ball condition- Presidents Cup
      By Martyn W · Posted
      Trivia question: what is the largest possible margin of victory in 18 hole matchplay? Without adjustments it is, of course 10 and 8. 
    • How do you 'train' yourself to swing less than 100%?
      By ncarlsongolf · Posted
      What I would suggest on how to "train" yourself to hit full shots less that 100% is to start with your wedges.  Since, on the course you have to hit those shots anyways, you might as well start there,  If you hit your 60 90yds on a full swing, you really have to practice hitting it 85, 80, 75.  Pay attention to what those swings feel like. https://youtu.be/iGSN3I3Lfzg is a good video on 1/2 and 3/4 swings.     Once you can train yourself to control those distances, you should feel the rhythm and tempo.  From there it is just applying that same rhythm to full swings throughout the bag.  Basically, the drill is that you can't swing 100% to hit it 50% or 75% distance.  Its less about "controlling" your swing and more about feeling the rhythm of the swing.  
    • Gambling on the golf course is it a necessity?
      By ghalfaire · Posted
      No of course gambling isn't necessary to enjoy golf.  But I do for stakes that won't change my financial status whether I win or lose, just bragging rights, lunch and/or a beer, or even cash money at times.  But I don't have a problem with either folks that don't gamble or folks that do.  
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries