Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rjb361

Natural Golf Clubs

2 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am new to golf. Have only been playing for 6 months now. I bought a complete set of Natural Golf clubs on Craigslist for 75$. Includes: 3,5,7 woods, 5-9 irons, and pw gw sw lw plus a putter. Also has a driver, but I leave that at home because I'm still trying to contain the 3 wood. What do you all think of these clubs as a starter set? I know the grips are strange, but otherwise I know little about them in comparison to a set by a more traditional brand. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

They made several models. Some were better than others but none were great -- and they were overpriced. But, for $75 they are not overpriced. Older models were heavy. This could be good or bad for a starter set depending on your opinion about control vs feeling the club head. The grips are oversized and not tapered. They were designed for a ten-finger grip which was and is a bad idea. But the shafts will take regular grips. The lie was often very upright -- I think their idea of standard was at least 2* upright and about 1/2" long. If you can get the lie checked, and then bent to fit your body size, and you re-grip them, they would be good-as-any garage sale set.

If the woods are the copper woods, people liked them and they feel great when stuck well. If the lies were not so upright, I might even bust out my old ones.