IGNORED

Good Grips!

Note: This thread is 3961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No my course is a crap hole in the middle of nowhere. The conditions are horrible and the "pro shop" only has a couple of cases of golf balls and some tees. They don't have a pro here. I only play here because there's nothing else within a hour's drive.

Ah, okay- my condolences.... But yeah, changing your own grips is a simple procedure. Buy an extra grip.... You never know.... But as I mentioned before- it is a skill every golfer should know or at least try at least once.

Originally Posted by joekelly

One of the great advantages of  DIY on the grips is the easy ability to change the color as you like. I have a driver with a pink grip, golden shaft and jumbo black head-looks powerful.  But if soon i want a black grip to match the head, bingo; overnight i can switch out. Disadvantage is that he pink grip is gone forever, torn to shreds. I have heard of special intact grip removers in the big shops which may let you reuse the grip but not for me.

I have been able to save grips using air to remove the grips instead of cutting them off.  I use rubber grips and instead of putting tape on them, I just use blue painters tape to build it up so that it has the same thickness I am used to and the grips can be pulled on and off in seconds.

They also make an injector thing that you can use to inject solvent into the grip, and if the grip is still fairly plyable you can do it with just a very small puncture hole.  I have never tried that, and am afraid i would stab my finger full of solvent instead (VERY VERY unhealthy)

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

What exactly don't you like about the grips? We can make recommendations all day, but it would be easier to recommend something with a little bit on what you don't like. Not tacky enough? Too hard? Too soft?

Love the Golf Pride multicompound whiteout grips. Did I say I love them?

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by anthony

What exactly don't you like about the grips? We can make recommendations all day, but it would be easier to recommend something with a little bit on what you don't like. Not tacky enough? Too hard? Too soft?

the main thing is that they're not tacky enough  for me. they're also a hair hard.

• 2 weeks later...

The golf pride tour wraps are very tacky and pretty soft. One word of caution though, they are like oil slicks if they get a drop of water on them ( I have them on my irons right now). Rain gloves are mandatory even if it's a light sprinkle. The golf pride tour velvets are really nice too, I just wish they came in something other than black. Overall, the tour velvets are pretty tacky and not too hard. They might be the best grip out there imo. I'd probably have them on now if they came in anything but black.

Note: This thread is 3961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!